Bf lied. very hurrt. claims to love me LOADS says his past means nothing. HELP?

my bf who i have known for 6 years. dated for 1 year. lied to me. for 5 years he was after me confessing his undying luv. we live miles apart...he still did th sweetest things for me. drove hrs to see me only for a day, sent flowers on all my bdays, sent gifts to make me feel better. n asks me to marry him... show more my bf who i have known for 6 years. dated for 1 year. lied to me. for 5 years he was after me confessing his undying luv. we live miles apart...he still did th sweetest things for me. drove hrs to see me only for a day, sent flowers on all my bdays, sent gifts to make me feel better. n asks me to marry him constantly. Lately i found a convo he had with his ex...he told me he is not in tohc with her. The convo was abt how he's lonely, gets no A*S*S*, feels unloved and abt how we have an open relationship (mind u I am a virgin..he is not n we dont have an open relationship.) His ex replied by saying dont owrry i am lonely and i dont get much either. They then later on continued talking abt me he said he is waiting for happiness or heartbreak. He showed her our pics and she said we looked gorgeous together and he said yeh we are very cute together. Neways back in the days i spoke to his family members (sis etc) and they told me how much he loves me. But now this has happ. What do I do? Also, I am studying to become a doc, I am better looking, richer, and a virgin. He smokes drinks gets high n is a highschol graduate. PLz adviceeee
Update: He keeps on telling me that the girl meant nothing to him and he hid that he talked to her because he was afraid he would lose me..cuz I am a lil posessive. He keeps telling me he loves only me and has never loved another. Its hard to let go of him..I dont know what to do. His actions and words really show that he... show more He keeps on telling me that the girl meant nothing to him and he hid that he talked to her because he was afraid he would lose me..cuz I am a lil posessive. He keeps telling me he loves only me and has never loved another. Its hard to let go of him..I dont know what to do. His actions and words really show that he truly loves me. He is not a virgin and has had sexual relationships with multiple women.