How do i cook frozen-cooked shrimp?

I want to buy a bag of frozen already cooked shrimp because its cheaper for some reason than regular uncooked shrimp. How do i go about preparing "frozen-cooked" shrimp? 10 points for best answer..Or should i just get "frozen-uncooked" shrimp?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You are better off spending a little more for the uncooked shrimp. The pre-cooked shrimp is very dissapointing to those who like to fully enjoy the experience of eating. Save the pre-cooked for those who just like to mindlessly scarf down whatever is placed before them, they wouldn't even know the difference.

• dant
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Cook Frozen Shrimp

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipes Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?dujn
  • 4 years ago

Defrost them under cool water (takes about 10 minutes for a 2 lb bag). Add them toward the end of cooking since they only need to be heated (not cooked). Future reference, just buy frozen uncooked shrimp. Get split tail or ez peel. It will take you an extra 10 minutes to prepare, but the shrimp will be much better.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I always get my frozen shrimp raw, because it is so easy to overcook shrimp; why take the risk by cooking it again?

That said, if you already have cooked shrimp that has been frozen, you don't need to cook it again. If you are serving it cold, just thaw it under running water. It's ready to eat.

If you are going to use it in a hot dish, add it last; thawed and at room temperature, just so it gets hot.

• 1 decade ago

this quick recipe would be sauteed shrimps:-

1lb shrimps( thawed if frozen)

2 tbsp. olive oil

3 tsp. chopped parsley

Salt & pepper to taste

Minced fresh garlic as desired

1/4 tsp. dried oregano

2 tbsp. white wine

Just toss the above ingredients except the shrimp when all the ingredients are well incorporated just add the shrimps & give it a quick toss .Take it off the heat . Let it marinate in the sauce for sometime so that it absorbs all the flavours.

another recipe:-

1 lb. medium shrimp, pre-cooked, frozen

3 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) seasoning

1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

1 teaspoon chopped garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon Hot Sauce

1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (optional)

Do not thaw shrimp. Place shrimp in a microwave-proof bowl (if using fresh garlic, add now) and microwave on high setting for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are steaming hot. Drain liquid.

While shrimp are hot, add butter, hot sauce, (lemon and parsley, if using) and remaining seasonings. Return to microwave for 10 seconds, or until butter has melted.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do i cook frozen-cooked shrimp?

I want to buy a bag of frozen already cooked shrimp because its cheaper for some reason than regular uncooked shrimp. How do i go about preparing "frozen-cooked" shrimp? 10 points for best answer..Or should i just get "frozen-uncooked" shrimp?

Source(s): cook frozen cooked shrimp: https://shortly.im/xUpqh
  • 1 decade ago

Well what i do when i buy the frozen cooked shrimp, i boil it to unthaw it, then i cook it on a frying pan with some Chinese food. either that or i just put it in microwave and cook it till its warm. Depends on what you want to put the shrimp in ( like the kind of food)

Source(s): Rachel Ray and myself
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av3FQ

Since the shrimp is already cooked, don't cook it again !! Marinate it while chilled and then just quickly reheat for the best textured result. Let it thaw in the fridge with some salt, a lot of garlic and the olive oil. Toss it in with your pasta at the last minute :)

• 1 decade ago

Rinse in a colander under cold water in the sink until they are thawed out. For smaller shrimp, don't use full spray of water because it will bruise them and make them look soggy. Put in a bowl with paper towels and let them rest in the fridge up to an hour if your serving them as cocktail. If you are sauteing them with veggies or pasta, put them in the pan during the last 2-5 minutes to absorb any sauce you have prepared. Any longer, the shrimp will become tough.

Source(s): chef
  • 1 decade ago

You don't need to cook it per say, just defrost and eat with cocktail sauce. However you can add this to salads and well as adding it at the very end to a naked pasta dish made with olive oil, garlic and herbs. If you cook this product it will become chewy. If you want to cook you need to use uncooked shrimp. Here is a link to my recipe for sauteed shrimp.

http://www.cooking-is-easy-and-fun.com/sauteed-shr...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.