Recipe help!!! It has soda crackers, butter brown sugar and choclate chips..you bake it and eat it...know it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lynnie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry don't do what Sassy says you can not use margarine for a recipe like that when you are boiling brown sugar to make toffee.

THis is probably what your talking about!.. Soo good!

I have given you two versions the second one makes a little less - also my crackers were stale so I used toppables (like a rectangular ritz) and it was very good.

For the chocolate and nuts - I used no where close to 12 ounces, I just sprinkled the chips and spread them when it looked like a enough and sprinkled with nuts.

INGREDIENTS

1 (10 ounce) package saltine crackers

1 1/2 cups butter

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups chopped almonds

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil.

Place crackers in a singe layer over prepared cookie sheet. Use more or fewer crackers as needed to cover the bottom of your pan.

In a small saucepan over low heat combine butter and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes; pour over crackers.

Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Sprinkle almonds over chocolate chips; using the back of a wooden spoon, press nuts into chocolate.

Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or until set. Break into pieces and store, sealed, in refrigerator.

A little less and lower temperature for longer:

Mock Toffee

Saltine crackers

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup butter

12 oz. chocolate chips

Pecan pieces (or walnuts)

Line cookie sheet with foil; butter heavily.

Place crackers side by side to cover cookie sheet, salted side up.

Combine butter and brown sugar and cook until it boils and bubbles (3-4 minutes).

Pour over crackers; bake 7 minutes at 375 degrees.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Spread chocolate with spatula. Sprinkle with nuts and press into chocolate with spatula.

When cool; break into pieces and enjoy!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • sassy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

INGREDIENTS

35 soda crackers

1 cup butter or margarine

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts

Add to Recipe Box

My folders:

Add to Shopping List

Customize Recipe

Add a Personal Note

..DIRECTIONS

1.Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place crackers in rows on foil. In a saucepan, melt butter; add the brown sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers and spread until completely covered. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes (crackers will float). Remove from the oven. Turn oven off. Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts over crackers. Return to the oven until chocolate is melted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven; using a greased spatula, press walnuts into chocolate. Cut into 1 in. squares while warm. Cool completely; remove candy from foil.

• Amy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

We call it cracker candy or poor man's toffee!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.