What are some good empowering songs?

I was wondering what some good songs about causes or racism (not being racist but trying to prevent it)

i like the song hero by superchick, thats about bullying.

and I like "All the Things She Said" by Tatu, its about how lesbians are like discriminated and shunned and how they shouldnt be.

anyone know anymore good songs like that?

Best Answer

Where is the Love by RHCP (obv, sorry) society, etc

Dear Mr. President by P!nk (another obv) Bush-bashing basically

Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell - old song about paving over grassy areas and DDTs and stuff

Loose Lips by Kimya Dawson - umm, general protest ('we won't stop untill somebody calls the cops and even then we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened), but mentions bush/war once

Happy Song about Global Warming by Jill Sobule (not actually the name I don't think, but search that in on youtube) - witty song about how we'll al be happy sunbathing in Janurary while flies the size of our heads circle. its brilliant.

All These Things That I've Done by The Killers - immortal line: 'I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier.'

Human by The Killers - is about modern society leaving behind traditional morals like good, virtue, grace etc

if you want gay stuff, there's I Love a Boy Named Jesse by . . . someone I've forgotten (I love a boy named Jesse, but Jesse don't love me back, he says he has a girl in Chealsea . . . ) its by an Iranian I THINK (long time since I listened, sorry for any offence) so he's like an icon for gay middle easterns who have a really hard time :-( and he's the only openly gay male singer I know so I admire him for that too.

And I like tATu too! esp the stuff in Russian!

I was going to suggest Hero, and personally I would go for the Red Pill remix. But... lets see

I would say It's On by superchick... it can be applied to a lot of different things...

and this link may be of some help

there's a song on Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power, where Phil Anselmo rants about how people thought that he was a racist tool

gay rude boys unite by leftover crack