What are some good empowering songs?

I was wondering what some good songs about causes or racism (not being racist but trying to prevent it)

i like the song hero by superchick, thats about bullying.

and I like "All the Things She Said" by Tatu, its about how lesbians are like discriminated and shunned and how they shouldnt be.

anyone know anymore good songs like that?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Where is the Love by RHCP (obv, sorry) society, etc

Dear Mr. President by P!nk (another obv) Bush-bashing basically

Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell - old song about paving over grassy areas and DDTs and stuff

Loose Lips by Kimya Dawson - umm, general protest ('we won't stop untill somebody calls the cops and even then we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened), but mentions bush/war once

Happy Song about Global Warming by Jill Sobule (not actually the name I don't think, but search that in on youtube) - witty song about how we'll al be happy sunbathing in Janurary while flies the size of our heads circle. its brilliant.

All These Things That I've Done by The Killers - immortal line: 'I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier.'

Human by The Killers - is about modern society leaving behind traditional morals like good, virtue, grace etc

if you want gay stuff, there's I Love a Boy Named Jesse by . . . someone I've forgotten (I love a boy named Jesse, but Jesse don't love me back, he says he has a girl in Chealsea . . . ) its by an Iranian I THINK (long time since I listened, sorry for any offence) so he's like an icon for gay middle easterns who have a really hard time :-( and he's the only openly gay male singer I know so I admire him for that too.

And I like tATu too! esp the stuff in Russian!

• 1 decade ago

I was going to suggest Hero, and personally I would go for the Red Pill remix. But... lets see

I would say It's On by superchick... it can be applied to a lot of different things...

and this link may be of some help

• 1 decade ago

there's a song on Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power, where Phil Anselmo rants about how people thought that he was a racist tool

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

gay rude boys unite by leftover crack

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.