Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Is it haraam to wear women clothing?

I am just curious to see how I would look in a tennis skirt and dress. I wouldn't wear it in public but I like how it looks on the female tennis players. I wasn't sure though if it is haraam to wear clothing meant for the opposite gender.

Thank you very much

If it is haraam, can you tell me why?

Favorite Answer

Yes, it is haram.

Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the man who wears women’s clothes, and the woman who wears men’s clothes.”

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘They are not part of us, the women who imitate men and the men who imitate women.’”

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed effeminate men and masculine women. He said, ‘Throw them out of your houses.’” He said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) expelled So and so, and ‘Umar expelled So and so.” According to another version: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men.”

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘There are three who will not enter Paradise and Allaah will not even look at them on the Day of Resurrection: one who disobeys his parents, a woman who imitates men, and the duyooth (cuckold, weak man who feels no jealousy over his womenfolk).”

Ibn Abi Maleekah – whose name was ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah – said: “It was said to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), ‘What if a woman wears (men’s) sandals?’ She said: ‘The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed women who act like men.’”

These ahaadeeth clearly indicate that it is forbidden for women to imitate men and vice versa, This usually includes dress and other matters, apart from the first hadeeth quoted above, which refers to dress only.

Abu Dawood said, in Masaa’il al-Imaam Ahmad (p. 261): “I heard Ahmad being asked about a man who dresses his slave woman in a tunic. He said, ‘Do not clothe her in men’s garments, do not make her look like a man.” Abu Dawood said: “I said to Ahmad, Can he give her bachelor sandals to wear? He said, No, unless she wears them to do wudoo’. I said, What about for beauty? He said, No. I said, Can he cut her hair short? He said, No.”

• Susan

It depends on the type of women around and situation. If they are all muslims and the gathering is normal and not for something fobidden, it can be fine no problem. If they are not Muslims or even Muslims and she may look too sexy or may be one may look to her in bad way, it's better to wear something less sexy. It has many reasones one of them is to prevent forbidden looks with lust to her body, second that may be one of the untrusted women would tell the details of her body to another man. In these days it can be photographed too. The internet is full of photos of innocent women who were photographed in some nasty positions. Also remember that Muslims are targeted and specially Muslim women.

• omar

Now that we all know your secret you can go shopping. it's better if you keep it to your self though, generally religious people will laugh and mock at you. Men have been cross dressing since the beginning of creation and it's not uncommon for men to be fund of feminine clothing. I can only suggest you buy your own. Good luck.

PLEASE THUMB ME DOWN TROLLS I AM CREEPY

that is the weirdest thing ive heard in a long time. i hope ur joking.

thats another thing that Allah curses people for, along with drinking, ribaa, tattooing... men who wear womens clothes, and women who wear mens clothes

• ?

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men, and he said: “Throw them out of your houses.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5885).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the man who wears women’s clothing and the woman who wears men’s clothing. Narrated by Abu Dawood (4098) and classed as saheeh by al-Nawawi in al-Majmoo’ (4/469) and by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed masculinized women. Narrated by Abu Dawood (4099); classed as hasan by al-Nawawi in al-Majmoo’ (4/469) and as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Allah differentiates between fabric? Yep, sounds MAN-made to me.

And it is also effeminate.

You must have been abused by some one of those pedophile imams in London.

Why not change your sex?

Take care!

If my husband did it, I will ask for divorce immediately. whereas if my son did that , I'll throw him of terrace

lmao

Are you gay HAHAHAHHA