better to have loved than lost?

so i had a date with someone i met over the net on friday, someone who i've been chatting to for a while now, it was an amazing night and also an amazing morning after ....

problem is, the person's going away home to france for 5 months and the possibility of coming back to my city is 50/50, should i tell the person how i really feel or should i just hide it and pretend i'm fine?

i think part of me also knows that it wouldn't really affect the outcome, thats why im thinking it's better to protect myself , am i right? arrgh!

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Might be a bit soon for an "I love you" talk...

Hey there!

I'm a big fan of telling people (mainly people that I care about) how I feel. Maybe she'd be more likely to come back if she knew that she had someone she cared about back where you live. Maybe she wouldn't care. But if she did feel the same way, maybe she just needed to hear it from you. And if she doesn't care, well, then you're in no worse a position with her 50/50 of coming back.

Besides, the only things that people regret are things that they didn't do.

I hope that it all works out for you, bro!

~DKong

I say definitately tell how you feel. You only live once, and you have nothing to lose but plenty to gain!

i think its better if you tell since after all this is how you feel, at least she knows right? and theres nothing to lose really.

I doubt it would really affect the outcome.

But if you want to, do what John Mayer says.

You know this could never work, what are you goin' to do for 5 months? be real dude.

tell her right away before its to late

• Mr R

You should tell her !!! Tell how you feel.