How old to be considered a senior?

I always thought it was 65 years. But now I see there is reduced auto insurance being advertised for seniors over 50 (!).

• SME
    Favorite Answer

It is not how old you are, it is how you are old.

Source(s): Groucho Marx
  • SPW_83

I would say a senior is around 65. 50 really isn't that old. My aunt is 50 and you would swear she is in her early 40s by the way she acts and looks.

I always have thought it was sixty five. I wonder if that is really true. I thought a senior was when you were over seventy. I have a ways to go on being a senior citizen, but, I will be fifty in two years.

I have always considered 65+ to be considered a SC. I went into my local grocery store recently & I overheard the cashier tell a lady that she was eligible to receive the SC discount at age 62....It seems to be a different age here in many places.

• Poppy

I was middle aged at fifty and a senior at sixty, when I get to be ninety then I will be old. Poppy

Your a senior when the discounts apply to you ,otherwise your never a "senior" unless you want to be. I still don't know what I'll do when I grow up

Source(s): Life: Chapt 65 Verse 5