What did the 007 mean in Grey's Anatomy?

What did 007 mean? How did George writing it on Meredith's hand help her to figure out it was him? I'm very confused :S

Thanks so much, wow I can't believe I didn't remember that. Anyway thanks for clearing that up :D Most dramatic episode ever, I can't wait for next season!

Favorite Answer

That was george's nickname, so when he wrote that on her hand, she knew immediately, they also earlier referred to him as 007. I forgot about that nickname, so it's a good thing they remind you somewhere in the middle of the season finale. He got it because of his terrible first surgery and the interns gave that nickname to him, he had successful surgeries later, especially the one during the power outage which then left him seeming as a better surgeon, which he is.

Weren't you surprised that he turned out to be the John Doe??? I was surprised that it was him!!! Plus, I couldn't believe he joined the army!

He was nicknamed 007, or licensed to kill, by the other interns after a terrible first surgery, but George redeemed himself by performing heart surgery in a lift during a power cut. He's become much more confident in his work.

in the 1st season of grey's anatomy; george almost killed a woman while removing her appendix and his fellow interns nicknamed him 007 b/c of it