Can a parent get custody without the other being informed ?

Is it possible for a parent to get full custody of their child in Canada without the other parent being informed legally in any way. That is was i was just told by my daughters father that he has full custody of my daughter and i never received any paper work from the court or his lawyer. I live in the u.s and do... show more Is it possible for a parent to get full custody of their child in Canada without the other parent being informed legally in any way.
That is was i was just told by my daughters father that he has full custody of my daughter and i never received any paper work from the court or his lawyer. I live in the u.s and do not drive so it is difficult for me to get to Canada i can only go when my family can bring me so i was hoping someone could give ma a bit of incite into this crazy situation.I believe that he wants me to think that so he can leave north America without me trying to stop him,i am going to Canada very soon and will be going to the court house but was hoping if someone could give me a bit of info so i know what im walking into.
1 answer 1