Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

does tongue piercing hurt ?

just wondering what peoples opinions on tongue piercings are because im thinking of getting one soon :)

actually; i just want to know peoples opinion on the pain ..

Favorite Answer

it does hurt, but not the piercing itself. when you first get it done your tongue feels paralyzed for a few seconds. it's actually really funny. but try to keep ice in your mouth and dont suck out of straws until it heals. also, stick to french fries or apple fries and mashed potatoes or apple sauce...it's hard to eat things cause you can't use your tongue. also, it'll start to puss..gross, i know. but it happens while it heals. swish with scope as much as a possible!

it'll be awesome! good luck!

Okaay (: Well, I got my tongue pierced 2 months ago (:

I was so nervous, so they clamped it, which hurt more than the piercing, it felt really weird! And then I closed my eyes and he said take a deep breath, and then he just did it. It was over in like 15 seconds, but putting the bar in hurt more than the piercing! Lol, but not by much!

The actuall piercing is nothing to worry about, I'm a huge baby and I didn't think it was bad at all.. It's the aftercare. It hurt for a few days, I couldn't eat or drink, I could talk though, but with a little lisp. Luckily for me, my tongue went back to normal after 3 days (: But it can last up to two weeks ):

Good luck!!

xx

• before you get any piercing, do A LOT of research and make sure it's worth the pain :) when i got mine done i was expecting it to NOT hurt AT ALL because of everyone saying it wouldn't. but when i got mine done it stung a bit, like getting your ears pierced. If you got your ear lobes pierced recently, you would know the feeling. (i didnt feel any pain with my first holes but my second holes stung and thats what getting ur tongue pierced feels like). To be honest, my second holes stung a little more and lasted longer. The tongue wasn't so bad. On a scale of 1-10 it is probably a 3-4. It also depends on how long you rinse your mouth, at the time i didnt know that so now you know :) rinsing your mouth helps numb your tongue. you won't be able to eat that night so fill up on food before you go. and after, get a HUGE slushy :) you will need ice IMMEDIATELY. i waited a couple hours and i felt this very SHARP pain and i could barely open my mouth. i went home, ate ice and felt ALOT better. avoid dairy, even though people say it's okay, it's better to stay away just IN CASE to avoid a yeast infection. anyways, it'll be a good diet to avoid dairy :) first couple days it was sore, bruised, and it may turn yellow. if this happens cut back on mouthwash. remember, dilute the mouthwash with water (i even did this even though i had non-alcohol). i was eating noodles by like the 3-4 day :) goodluck and avoid talking! you should immedialtey change to a small bar after the swelling has gone down too :) you will feel ALOT better and your tongue will seem better too

It effects everybody differently.

I have it done myself, the actual needle going through the tongue doesn't hurt at all, although it's scary as hell. And for me it didn't hurt at all for a few hours.

However, by that evening I was in so much pain I nearly ripped the damn thing out, I was on painkillers for a week and I was physically sick from only eating soup because I couldn't chew anything. It may sound a bit dramatic but thats how it was for me.

But I have friends who have it done who were absolutely fine with it.

I'm not sure if there is a reason I reacted so badly to it, I've had many other piercings and tattoos and not had a problem but for some reason my tongue was hell, I just couldn't relax.

It;s all very well asking how much it hurts but in my experience pain effects everyone differently, if you want it done, do it, just be aware of what could happen, how much pain you could be in. If you want it done badly enough the pain wont matter in the end. I may have been in alot of pain from mine, but I still love it now!

x

• scout

I've had my tongue pierced and stretched. It's about the same as a shot. The center of your tongue seems to have the least amount of pain. The farther out you go from the center of your tongue the more it hurts. So if you get multiple tongue piercings. The closer to the edges of your tongue the more it will hurt.

Source(s): Me I've had my tongue pierced for 17 years

I got my tongue pierced 1 week and 2 days ago...its hurts a little the needle after the piercer pierced it for me I had a black out like I fainted but it was more serious , no listening and seeing or about 5 minutes cause I was scared a lot and quite of blood came out but its worth it , I'm so happy with the piercing but how unlucky I was I did more mouthwash than I was supposed to do and I it caused me irritation to my chews but now its finally healed :)

• Kimberley5 years agoReport

and btw I ate everything the first day only soup the second day I ate a sandwich and chips it hurts but I ate on only one side , and had a lot of ice lollies and slush, the worst pain was only in the morning and and the swelling wasn't serious at all, just a little

Well the process of piercing your tongue does not hurt, you will most likely forget the pain within about an hour or so just like I did.

But the after math of it... Is a pain and you would just wish everything was normal.. But the healing time is only 10-14 days, so it's really not that long.

I swear the piercing doesn't feel like biting your tongue really hard...

some wonder how I could handle it because it hurts when you bite your tongue lol but no its nothing like that and it doesnt hurt . I got mine done last May and the only time its going to hurt is when its swollen but the pain is easy to handle , they'll tell you to eat ice to ease the pain and lower the swelling also when talking and eating anything your teeth can hit your tongue ring and trust me you dont want that to happen when your tongue is swollen . just be careful and you'll be ok , I promise .

Source(s): meeeeeee :]

It all depends on the person the 1st time i got mine done the acutally piercing didnt hurt but it got sore after but the guy pierced it crooked the next time i got it done it didnt hurt at all it didnt even get sore or swell

Source(s): had tongue pierced for 2years

The piercing itself didn't hurt it's the swelling for a week or so after and biting it when swollen and also biting the ball untill you're used to it. But totaly worth it ^^

Source(s): Have tongue pierced