Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think it was appropriate for President Obama to be laying a wreath at the memorial?

for Confederate soldiers yesterday?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Next thing

that stupid idiot Obama

will be flying a Confederate flag

over the White House

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No and it does seem to be ironic, but I think he is nothing more than a show anyways. He's really good at it. He has no military experience. He didn't want to wear the American flag pin and he doesn't believe in putting his hand over his heart during the pledge of allegiance.

All that being said, he just has to make the moves, speak the talk and pray to allah that the teleprompter and media writers never fail him.

• 1 decade ago

Yes It was appropriate and Neat. It showed compassion. We go overseas and lay wreaths on the graves of former enemy soldiers. why not do it here. besides it was a slick political move.

By the way I am not a democrat or Obama supporter. on this one he has my cheers

• 1 decade ago

Yes, believe it or not, southerners are also Americans, as the Union wanted. Confederate soldiers sacrificed their lives just like all other soldiers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Teekno
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

First off, he didn't lay a wreath at the memorial. Please don't lie and say he did.

Secondly, he did sent a wreath to the memorial, just like every other president for the last hundred years has.

Confederate war dead are just as dead as Union war dead -- and, they're all American war dead.

• Jewel
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Why wouldn't it be, they were americans just as much as a yankee soldier. It amazes me how people still practice this war that happened over 150 years ago. We are all one country united as our name, United States of America.

• Lee
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Just Some Guy is right. Those fear mongering draft dodgers Bush and Cheney are the ones who have no place at Memorial Day ceremonies.

• RS
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

He is the President of United States of American and by tradition he did what his job asks for.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just as appropriate as Lincoln's Gettysburg address given over the Civil war battlefield cemetery that contained both sides

• 1 decade ago

Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.