Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Can atheists use this expression "out of context"?

I was speaking to a friend today and I told him "...out of context" and I thought to myself OMG I'm becoming christian again. Should I worry?

Favorite Answer

Sure,why not?...We Christians don't own a copyright,to the expression...Just be mindful,to always use it in context.

No once you become an Atheist you are no longer allowed to use that expression again. It is part of the Atheist code. Sort of like the ten commandments is for Christians. You had better walk lightly after saying something like that. You are putting yourself in danger of Hell fire.

"out of context" can apply in any walk of life. My worry would be that I was not a Christian.

• Kerri

I generally don't use religious curses. My expletives are mostly scatological and sexual. I do this because, as a committed atheist, I don't wish to be a public hypocrite. Rarely, when severely provoked, I do use a God or Jesus curse. No body's perfect.

Anyone can use the phrase "Out of context" because it is not related to merely one subject or topic. No need to worry ;)

Worry about dying without your sins being forgiven.

Hell is extremely real and horrible

Many aethiests who died and were resuccitated become instant lvoers of jesus because of the realization of the pain and torment and horror of hell.

They find out they need their sins forgiven by Jesus

Read about Bill Wiese expereince of 23 minutes in hell

Sure. Xtians use things out of context all the time.

As long as you're not using that expression within the CONTEXT of religion, you're just fine!

"Out of context" is not a christian phrase... it's just what we say EVERY SINGLE time you use a bible verse out of context.

people quote mine atheists all the time it means they are taking quotes out of context or not showing all of what is being said.