Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What does soul searching mean?

What does soul searching mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

1. Having complete faith that there is an eternal, unchangeable soul within the body

2. Rejecting and renouncing all temporary things

3. Being in a state of absolute balance through happiness and sorrow

4. Continuously attempting to understand the "real" nature of you, which is not the body/mind complex, but the eternal-consciousness-bliss that is the soul

Source:

Hindu Philosophy

• 4 years ago

It means going a level or two or three deeper into your thoughts and motivation. Not just "what should I decide?" but "Why do I make the decisions I do?" "Am I happy with that?" "If I think my fundamental approach or philosophy should change, why, how, on what grounds..?" Painful stuff, for most people, digging up that much uncertainty and, often, old scar tissue. Of course some, by saying you're "starting to mess up ", may only mean you are not thinking or behaving the way they would like you to: the way they do. Or they may be better than that and genuinely and neutrally concerned. That's one of the judgments to be made: are they giving good advice or being manipulative? Am I?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It means looking within for answers instead of looking outside of oneself. It means listening to your conscious, or the inner voice. It also means reflection, so to see your self and your life circumstances in a deeper more meaningful perspective.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It;s taking a long hard look at yourself and finding out what you really feel

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it means you think about something deeply especially in terms of your values.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a kinky term for foot worship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.