More to the "Now I've heard everything file."?

Alberta, roundly known as Canada's version of Redneck USA, has decided to become known as anti-ejimakashun with the Inclusion of a Rider that puts Teachers into a precarious position. Bill 44, which after a decade of Activism by the Gay Community, enshrines Gay Rights into Alberta's Human Rights Act,... show more Alberta, roundly known as Canada's version of Redneck USA, has decided to become known as anti-ejimakashun with the Inclusion of a Rider that puts Teachers into a precarious position. Bill 44, which after a decade of Activism by the Gay Community, enshrines Gay Rights into Alberta's Human Rights Act, included a contentious rider that allows parents to pull their children from class and have the teacher charged with a Human Rights Violation if they disagree with what is being taught if it relates to Human Sexuality, Sexual Orientation, or violates their Religious Beleifs. Please read the attached article (first link), and tell us all if you think it's a good thing or a bad thing.

The second link is for all results dealing with Bill 44 (for those wanting more background).

What I find particularily objectionable is that *anything* can be touted up as part of someone's Religious Beliefs - were I a teacher and taught about WWII, simply mentioning the organised slaughter of Jews, Gypsies, and Homosexuals in class could see me Charged under the Alberta Human Rights Act as violating the Religious Views of at least half a dozen cults and several branches of Muslim beliefs, as could teaching my class that Women and Men are Equal in the eyes of the Law, and that the Girls have as much right to live how they wish as do the Boys...care to count how many cults and mainstream Religions I just insulted?

So...what do you think?

http://www.canada.com/Controversial+Bill...

http://www.google.ca/search?source=ig&hl...
Update: Yes Mike...I can. But I'm not an Albertan, so I won't offer unless asked.
Update 2: Well...three answers - one opinionless idiot, a semi-off-topic opinion, and an "I think it's bad"... Anyone else want to add their 2% of a dollar?
Update 3: Actually Andrew...the PC crowd did "win" this one...and that is not a Good Thing. Oh, by the way - were you a teacher in Alberta and you made that statement in front of my child, you would be facing the same Human Rights Violation risk from a Rationalist, Realist, or Athiest as someone teaching Science to... show more Actually Andrew...the PC crowd did "win" this one...and that is not a Good Thing. Oh, by the way - were you a teacher in Alberta and you made that statement in front of my child, you would be facing the same Human Rights Violation risk from a Rationalist, Realist, or Athiest as someone teaching Science to the child of a close-minded Reactionary Religious Fundimentalist. Heck...teaching that pi=22/7 could see a Maths teacher facing those charges because the Catholic Church many centuries ago declared pi (π) to be 3... Oh, and also consider that the ONLY reason the bill passed with the rider on it was that the Premier required his party to vote for it, even after promising a free vote (had it been a free vote it would have failed, when you consider that the majority of the Members - even in the Premier's party - were against it!).