Why is it okay for the President to?

talk about his Muslin roots? During the campaign a Republican would have caught the wrath of media bias had he mentioned Obama and Muslim in the same sentence.

McCain went so far as to tell his staff to never bring it up.

Yet, now that we have elected this trojan horse, it's fine for the President to talk about freely.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/ab...

Have you even bothered to read the Constitution in its entirety? There is more to our Constitutional protections than the "right to bear arms", you know.

We have freedom of religion in this nation, although the extremists who have seized the Republican party would have you believe otherwise. John McCain corrected the elderly woman who was later lampooned on Saturday night live for saying at a rally that Barack Obama is a Muslim (implying this would disqualify him from receiving her vote): McCain gently corrected her by saying, "No...No, he is not." McCain has worked with Barack Obama in the Senate and knows that he is Baptist, but who cares??? We have freedom to worship as we choose. There is no "Trojan horse" element to our newly elected President as there was with the Bush/Cheney regime. He has been open about his family heritage...has even written two best-selling biographical books on his heritage...He has made reference to his "mutt" status and sees this as a plus when focusing on the melting pot of cultures that makes up this great nation. I think God, with the help of a majority of our votes, has sent us a man who can speak with authority to all religions, all world leaders from a position of "I know"..."I understand"..."I respect your beliefs"... He has provided us with an intelligent, charismatic leader who can undo the harm done by the previous administration failed and faulty policies and restore America to greatness, respected around the world. Resonance occurs when a small piece of one is passed through to the other, sparking movement, and then is returned to its origin. This is also how life is created from the nucleus of the sun, and how prayers work...RESONANCE. The seed of Muslim heritage within our President's genetic makeup is a blessing for this nation and for the entire world, because we must now heal the wounds that were opened by an illegal war in the Muslim world, and soothe the furies that would do our nation harm. What if the use of the word "Messiah" by those on Yahoo! Answers who wish to belittle our leader and those who believe in his capacity for greatness is actually true (the "second coming", so to speak)...Would this mean that the mean-spirited extremists within the Republican party have become the Crucifiers? Food for thought.

Its fine for him to talk about it "freely", because it IS his roots, and SO WHAT. Muslim doesn't automatically mean terrorists. Its a religion, simple as that. Just because a person doesn't believe what YOU believe, doesn't make it wrong. And McCain wisely told his people not to talk about it because there's more than enough institutionalized racism amongst Conservatives (you for example) to begin with, and his religion shouldn't be an issue. He knew he already had the votes of "people" who think like you do, he didn't want to turn off the intelligent Conservatives and or undecideds who, unlike you, only care about what's IMPORTANT.

I know its seems weird to you cons but its called telling the truth. Now I know you cons like to be lied to, that's why so many of your leaders lie so much, but most people have more character than that and most are more honest.

McCain's team must not have gotten the message, because they implied that Obama was a terrorist sympathizer

He thinks he is a King and can do anything...heck I would love to take my wife on a date to broadway and let someone else pick up the tab...transparency my butt...America is broke and he is spending like there is no tomorrow...for his own personal gain...when will the media hold him accountable for anything he says or does?

For the same reason it's okay for you to ask silly questions.