Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

can humans have black eyes colors?

I mean the iris of eye color. some people say humans eyes don't come in black and many people say African and Asian have black eyes colors. what is the right one

• MatT
    Favorite Answer

Hi!

Normal humans can NOT, will NOT, and do NOT have black eye color.

If there is a human with a black eye color, then that means he or she has a disease we call as "Aniridia".

I repeat, Africans and Asians don't have black eye colors. Africans have extremely dark brown eye color, Southeast Asians have a dark brown eye color, and East Asians have a light brown eye color.

Source(s): Well, I should know because I study Medicine and I am partly Asian.

Natural Eye Colors

I'm not sure,

but i'm half japanese, and people say i have black eyes all the time.

This may be the case for some people,

but when i shine a light in my eyes, you can see that they're a very dark brown color.

I think some eyes /appear/ black, but they're actually dark brown.

Unless you wear black contacts, then that's different.

• Eyes that appear black inside of a shaded place like inside a house,if you look at them outside under the sun,you'll see that they are not black,but brownish,maybe dark brown,but brown,not black.

yes people can have black eye color. My son has black eyes. so black you cannot tell the difference between his iris and his pupil. My daughter has black eyes sometimes. Her eyes change between black and brown depending on the time of year. They are darker in winter, lighter in summer. My son has been to eye doctors and specialists. He doesn t have any disease. He has black eyes.

• If your daughter had true black eyes-then they would not turn brown some other time,black eyes are always black,a desease where there is only an enlarged pupil and the iris(eye color) is missing).So her eyes are brown,dark in the winter, lighter in summer.

You can see eye color change in the rich and powerful they are taking some kind of supplement that turns there eyes black as coal. Its just weird they look evil especially when you see them in person

I work at the DMV and I meet people from all over the world.

I have seen true black eyes only in people from Bhutan in the Himalayan mountains.

I have met many other ethnic groups who list their eyes as black but when I look they are dark brown.

Eye color comes from a combination of two black and yellow pigments called melanin in the iris of your eye. If you have no melanin in the front part of your iris, you have blue eyes. An increasing proportion of the yellow melanin, in combination with the black melanin, results in shades of colors between brown and blue, including green and hazel. So for a person to have black eyes they would have to be lacking yellow melanin. The would be a genetic mutation.

The answer to your questions is yes in a way.

Black is amongst the rarest eye colors in the world. Most of the people who appear to have black eyes have, infact, extremely dark brown eyes that seem to be black.

Red is also possible and can be found in albino people. Which I personally think is the best eye color a person can have.

Yes, some can. While it is not necessarily possible in rregular humans, humans that suffer from melanism can have black eyes.

Before you ask "what is melanism?" I'll answer. Unlike albinism which causes a lack of pigment, melanism causes too much pigment, making even Caucasians have dark skin. That is normally the natural gene pool of black eyes.

Before, I thought that my eye color was black. When there's sunlight, i look very closely to myself in the mirror. It is REALLY dark brown & it's really close to black.

Normally people of any nationality do not have black eyes, they are just very dark brown. However, there is a medical condition known as aniridia which is a congenital condition characterized by an extremely underdeveloped iris which appears black.