Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Should these potential lawsuits against Israel for war crimes be televised to the world?

Israel could soon be charged with hundreds of war crimes as Palestinian lawyers file 936 lawsuits against the Israeli military five months after its three week war on Gaza.

Head of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) Iyad al-Alami, says the cases will soon be heard in Spain's National Court under universal jurisdiction, the pro-Israeli magazine Der Spiegel reported on Saturday.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=97297§ionid=3...

---------------------

If you are confident Israel did no wrong and can prove their case --- then you should be all for a world wide televised edition of lawyers crushing the allegations --- Right ?

If they have nothing to hide ---- then should it be televised for the world to see that ?

Only the guilty would mind .... right ?

Update:

Why do so many of you doubt Israels ability to defend itself in open court ?

Update 2:

colts3407

You are right and I agree --- lets put that in a court room too -- Lets see how the Palistians defend themselves against allegation made against them .... and lets put that on TV too

I agree --- if it is good for the goose it is good for the gander

In fact lets have them sort out ALL their problems in open court broadcast to the entire world

I am in favor --- and you ?

Update 3:

Your version of white phosphorous being an "approved weapon" is only half a story

White phosphorous can only be used to light up a battle field and banned from use on civilians --- as it is then considered a chemical weapon and therefore banned

Half a story --- and told in a fashion to mislead the reader

Is that why you are against a televised trial

The other half might get told ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As Israel refused to let journalists into the war zone when they attacked the Palestinians and carried out these crimes, the likelihood of them not blocking any live coverage of the legal proceedings is nil.

I admire those Palestinians who are attempting to get justice over this matter, however even if found guilty Israel will continue to ignore the worlds legal world opinion.

Israel is in violation of 35 UN resolutions including those regarding illegal deportations, denying the human rights of Palestinians, the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops, violations of the Geneva Convention, illegal occupation of lands etc. etc. etc.

They continue to drive the Palestinians out of their own country, to date their are nearly five million refugees with a million more of them living outside of Palestine. The vast majority living in abject poverty many have been their all their lives and live without hope of ever being able to return to their homeland.

The politicians which the people of Israel elect to run their country care nothing for the law as it applies to Palestinians or about their welfare or even human rights.

There is a more effective action rather than another group to condemn Israel and be ignored. That would be for a world wide campaign for everyone to stop buying any products or produce which originates in Israel, this would have a much bigger impact and tell them what the world thinks of their illegal and inhumane treatment of the Palestinians than any legal one will.

Every time you buy an Israeli diamond, grapefruit or bunch of grapes or visit Israel for a holiday you are helping Israel to continue breaking international law.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I do think of Israel would desire to be charged for conflict crimes because of the super form of civilian casualties alongside with infants. approximately 1000 civilians died because of the air strikes and the floor invasion. to no longer point out the white phosphorus bombs that have been being dropped over the final inhabitants. Israel devastated the civilian inhabitants in Gaza and left many human beings homeless and without mandatory components. that is no longer what a civilized democratic u . s . like Israel does to human beings. I undergo in recommendations while the gaza invasion happening i could constantly hear of UN colleges and Hospitals have been being shelled and the IDF grew to become into no longer permitting ambulances to realize wounded. that heavily isn't precise!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And this is exactly why the US shouldn't get involved with any of the World Court wackos. These nutjobs are ruled by nothing but liberal hatred. How anyone could argue that the Palis are the victims when they are nothing but terrorist monsters. If the Palis would spend half the effort they spend killing Jews on trying to build a country this problem would have been solved years ago.

Good luck getting a Spanish kangaroo court to side with the wacky Palis that want Israel pushed into the sea and all her people murdered.

• 1 decade ago

If the cases had real merit, the lawyers would have taken there case to the International Criminal Court in the Hague. That they did not may tell you about the validity of the lawsuits.

Many years ago, a woman sued McDonald's because their coffee was hot. Why not have frivolous lawsuits on the international level.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There's no such thing as a "potential" law suit.

Suit has either been filed or it hasn't. A suit has no credibility at all until the prosecutors of the suit grow a pair of balls and press the charges in earnest.

(Why do you suppose it is that the brain-dead drama queens on the left NEVER EVER speculate about war crimes charges against terrorists? Though you won't admit it, you sympathize with terrorists and have the same lack of humanity. That's why I treat liberals like animals.)

Liberalism: the most support terrorists ever got without admission an outright admission of allegience.

• 1 decade ago

Oh my God. A lawyer could file a lawsuit against you for having your hair parted on the left in a board meeting when everyone else with hair had parted theirs on the right. Does that make it a valid lawsuit?

We ought to start by forcing all the lawyers from either side to sit in a room together until they either start scratching each others' eyes out or start comparing notes about their kids and their dead-end middle management jobs.

• Geno
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

This is the information about the website you provided a link to. Don't tell me you actually believe this BS.

'Press TV takes revolutionary steps as the first Iranian international news network, broadcasting in English on a round-the-clock basis.

Our global Tehran-based headquarters is staffed with outstanding Iranian and foreign media professionals'

• 1 decade ago

The use of depleted uranium and white phosphorus has LEGITIMATE AND AUTHORIZED MILITARY USES.

P.S. Depleted uranium is NOT a "flesh eating weapon". It is an inert metal, used for its superior armor piercing capabilities due to its hardness factor, and is incapable of exploding or "eating flesh".

EDIT:

1. I said NOTHING about a "televised trial". Those are YOUR WORDS.

2. It's not "my version of white phosphorous being an approved weapon". The words "approved weapon" are YOUR terms. I stated it has authorized military uses. I did NOT use the word weapon.

3. I noticed you totally ignored addressing depleted uranium in your response. Why is that? I have personally handled depleted uranium and white phophorous rounds ...and have used BOTH, and can explain and detail their uses (without Googling it or using "PressTV, an Iranian website, as my reference).

White phosphorous and depleted uranium are NOT "unconventional weapons". White phosphorous, as an illumination tool, isn't being USED as a weapon and depleted uranium is an armor piercing metal, which is hardly "unconventional".

Source(s): 22 year military veteran
  • BMCR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

"Why do so many of you doubt Israels ability to defend itself in open court ?"

We do not doubt Israel's ability we only doubt both the point of this and the legal jurisdiction that this court has.

Lets not pretend this is something it isn't. This is a blatant attempt to use another country's court to promote a specific political agenda.

Anyone who actually cares about the concept of justice should recoil at this.

• 1 decade ago

listen, Israel gave up land for the palestinians and then they started blowing things up again. talk about war crimes. if one side is gonna get sued, then the other needs to be as well. go ahead, lets see the historical facts. see if palestine has nothing to hide they won't mind, right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.