What are people wearing in London now?

Parkas/Jackets? Jumpers and cardigans? T-shirts?

Basically, I want to be dressed for the weather when I get there on Thursday. The weather report says 10-20 C, but in my experience, this can be hot or cold. 20 C where I live now is very cold (jumper weather), while 20 C in Canberra (where I lived 10 years ago) was t-shirt weather.

Also, how useful is a folding umbrella in London? My friend tells me it will be ruined in no time, bring a non-folding. But non-foldings are so inconvenient to carry.

Favorite Answer

last week it was really nice weather, shorts and t shirt weather but its got cloudier and wetter and colder this week :( so jeans and tshirt/jumper when going out. can be a bit rainy so be prepared for showers.

thursday there is a reasonable chance of rain and highs of 17/18 celsius with moderate winds so bring a jacket/jumper with you cause it could get quite cold in the winds.

Wearing jackets and raincoats right now. Likely to be even wetter on Thursday with temperature about 17C. There is usually some wind, which makes it feel colder.

I always use a folding umbrella. A good quality one is expensive, but doesn't ruin quickly.