michael w asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why does Israel need its own country.?

Jews around the world can and do live in peace in nearly every country just as all other religions do. So why would they choose to live in Palestine surrounded by huge walls to protect themselves from any threats from an unarmed Palestinian population. Has anotjher religious group ever been given a country of their own in living memory ? Especially when that country was already occupied by other religions. and therefore should never have been legally given to the Jews. Why can't these Jews live with their brothers in total peace in America, Britain and the rest of Europe and the world.?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • GIBOS
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Why does Israel (Jews) need its own country? My answer to your question is discrimination. After the end of the Bar Kokhba revolt, Jews were kicked off from Israel, and Roman in order

to wiped the name off Israel from the map and they replaced it with Syria Palestine. After Jews lost their motherland, they had to start live in foreign countries. The main problem with people who come from another country is that people are not welcome especially if they have different culture, religion, and other differences. It is always happens and only people who immigrated can understand it. After creation of Roman Catholic Church, Christians leaders blame on Jewish that they killed son of god and they have never be forgiven for what they did. After this event, the discrimination against Jews had started. Ghettos, Pogroms at many parts of Europe, violence against Jews in Spain and giving choice to die or their religion. Muslim world was less violence against Jews, but Jews did not have the same right as Muslims. Also, members of one popular sect in Islam believed in words of Mohamed who said one that if Jewish Messiah did not come after death of Mohamed all Jews must convert in Islam. This myth cost lives of many Jews. There were many other forms of discrimination in Europe and Islam world. My grandfather was born in Imperial Russia, country that had special living rules for Jews, and this country had acceptance policy in universities for Jews. Only 5 % of student body might be Jews, and they grade must be A+ for acceptance in universities. My father was born in USSR. He could not make his dream to be a journalist true, because in the USSR, many jobs were closed for Jews. Also, he could not be promoted. These facts were true for all Jews in USSR. Do you like country that treat you like this? What can you do? You will move to other country, but who guaranteed that there wont be discrimination against you? Nobody, what will you do? You again move to other country, but this is no right way, because the story can repeat again. Israel is only one true motherland for Jews in the world. The horrible lesson of WW2 explained that Jews must have their own land, because they were not welcome in Europe countries. Some of Jews returned to Poland, but after series of pogroms and blaming that Invasion of Poland was a Jewish fault, they understated that they have only one true motherland. Many people actually say Palestine was occupied by Jews in 1947, but Jews lived in Palestine before that time. Jews always live in Palestine, but number of Jews was smaller than number of Arabs. Has another religious group ever been given a country of their own in living memory? Yes, but those countries did not ask the United Nations, they just occupied lands that they wanted. Russia is a great example of the country that 75 % of territories were occupied from other countries. Why do not anybody say that Russia should return those territories and give freedom to people on those lands? Why can't these Jews live with their brothers in total peace in America, Britain and the rest of Europe and the world? My family decided to live in the U.S. because we do not want that some smocks killed us for one stupid reason. I do not think that Europe is a good place for Jews to live (it actually never been). A lot of attack to Jews and numerous numbers of Islamic radicals do not make peaceful live for Jews in Europe.

• 4 years ago

No, they are NOT justified in attacking other countries. YES, the Palestinians deserve some of their own land back. Re the last question about Israels "enemies" this is a classic vicious circle. The more Israel oppresses the Palestinians the more they react which mean more oppression which means more reaction etc. If Israel wants peace it'll have to give the Palestinians some justice.

• 1 decade ago

I am not an expert on this subject, and I am not jewish, but this region has been war torn for thousands of years. Jews have been persecuted, enslaved, and murdered throughout Europe. Through time they have either gained control of these lands by force or been given them by the controling party at the time, to only have it taken away again. It was Britian that established the modern boundaries of Israel, Palestine, and the West Bank. Now the question is not why does Israel need its own country by rather why should there be a two state system? Israel is in control of this region now and the world powers are asking about giving the Palestinians a state of their own. As for this occupation by other religons when the jews were forced to flea geocide they naturally migrated back to their homeland. I may not agree with everything that the Israel government does, but it is a two way street and this peace you ask about is up to everyone, especially the Palestinians as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I do know the facts. Jews did not pick Palestine dude, it was their home way before the Muslims kicked them out. Also, Great Britain, the US, AND the Soviet Union decided after WWII that the Jews had no place else to go. Yes, now they can live in peace anywhere. But right after WWII there was no place in Europe a Jew was safe. The US did not want hundreds of thousands of DP'S (Displaced Persons). Great Britain did not want them either. The Jews did not want to go to the Soviet Union, and Stalin did not want them anyway. If you know nothing about the situation, then do some research. Why do you think America and GB protect Israel all the time? America and GB invented Israel. The reason Palestine was even considered for the Jews is because EVERYONE knows that it was the original home of the Jews. And here is the main thing. Before the Jews got to Palestine it was a desert. Now they made it an oasis and the Palestinians want it back. Israel is a product of ten years of suffering for the Jews. The nazis killed more Jews from 1935 to 1945 then live in Israel even today. The world as a whole decided that since this happened, Palestine would have to make some room. The Jews did not pick, they had no other place to go. The World picked, and that's why Israel is so protected. If the US did not protect Israel, it would look weak, since it promised to do so in 1946. And countries have people living there based on nationalities not religion. Not everyone who is a palestinian is a Muslim, and not all people from Israel are Jews. Your question is something that should never be asked, it means though that unfortunately people are starting to forget why Israel is where it is in the first place. In this case you never knew to begin with. Jews are not to blame. they were living without a home country for over a thousand years. Hitler is the one who tried to kill them, but in doing so got the Jews their own country. The was Israel was created, and why is something that cannot be argued.

Source(s): 1945 Liberation, Holocaust Memorial Museum, it's a book. And WWII history.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

because they said that they was given a promise after 500 millions of years they will kill the civilians and occupy their houses and destroy their lands for a promise of their god as a promise for dinasoures if returned after millions of years they had the rights for taking the earth as they lived on it millions of years ago and have the rights for killing and destruction of every living their this is the abnormal facts those people of western democratic freedom values talking about . the only fact is that the occupation in the all histories must ended and those occupiers destructive killers will gone away even they have a promise of BELFORE British leader or western facts of historical occupation

• greebo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Any question on whether or not Israel should have been created is really the wrong question to ask, the fact is right or wrong it was set up and we and the rest of the World need to focus on the real question - how do we establish long lasting peace in the Middle East?

Saying that Israel should not have been created is a bit like saying that White people shouldn't have killed/driven off the native Americans. Both are wrong by todays standards but the fact is Israel is not going to go anywhere soon any more than the US is going to give all the land back to native Americans and then go back to Ireland, England Germany etc. Israel exists and people need to accept that and start moving on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A low down cut throat group that wants to steal and be racist & they can only do that to the pals...wouldnt try it to anyone else cause we'd have another holo and it would be completed this time...add hippocrisy to that recipe too.

Those who dont choose that route...i'll help yall out but the leaders of isr terrorism & supporters let em burn

• 1 decade ago

People are not given countries; was your country given to you? Countries are constructed from blood, sweat and tears. Counties are formed by migrations and conquests. That is reality.

• 1 decade ago

First let me say that I don't know all of the facts. I don't know who does; but it my understanding that there was a question about what to do with the survivors of the holocaust and millions of refugees from war torn regions of europe. Of course, THEY wanted their ancestral lands back, lands that were lost to their people hundreds of years before. As I understand it, our ally England was against displacing the Palestinian people, but the U.S. intervened and pushed it through.

• 1 decade ago

I personally think everyone has a right to live in peace, and prosperity, but not at the expense of another people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.