Crossing the US/Canada border going into Canada can I use my Canadian Citizenship Card?

I'm going from the US to Vancouver and have a Canadian Citizenship card, if crossing the border on a train can I just use my Canadian Citizenship card to cross into Canada?

I've come across this in my search for my own answer to this question since no one has cited any references to their answers.

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng...

If you look at the 2nd paragraph on the webpage entitled "Canadians Returning Home" You'll clearly see that Canadian Citizenship Cards are allowed as Proper Identification for entering Canada.

If you're going to answer a question on here and you're not 100% certain of the answer and at least have one reference you should make a note of it in your answer...

I'm just saying...

• Jeff H
    Favorite Answer

You should be able to get in with that however if you have other ID it would be helpful. Technically you should have a passport or enhanced driver's license however I believe that Canada is not enforcing that for Canadian Citizens coming home.

You must have a legitimate travel document or a passport. The citizenship card will be of little use if your passport is not a Canadian.

• NWIP

No you cannot just use your Citizenship card, you need a valid passport or Passport ID card.

Everyone needs a passport, or Nexus card.