Afraid to seek psychologist?

I'm afraid to see a psychologist, but I know I need help. I can't tell if it's my mind playing tricks on me or if it actually happens, but I always feel like the doctor is trying to brush me off, doesn't care, trying to hurt me or just wants me to fill out their prescription and go away. Which... show more I'm afraid to see a psychologist, but I know I need help. I can't tell if it's my mind playing tricks on me or if it actually happens, but I always feel like the doctor is trying to brush me off, doesn't care, trying to hurt me or just wants me to fill out their prescription and go away. Which leaves me feeling that everytime I try to open up, somebody hurts me or ignores me.

It's just so hopeless because I take everything so personally and my mind is so volatile, I always "shoot from the hip". but I can't get help if I don't see a doc, but then if the doc treats me "wrong" then I feel dejected and worse off then where I started. It's like a catch22 and its no good.

Also somebody told me I'm "emotionally dead". Is this curable?