hey people, is this okay?

okay so i am going to hampton university in the fall, and there is a summer class available to me. i do not want to take this class however; i would much rather just hang out, work & enjoy my summer, and prepare myself to be away for a while, than go out there and take advantage of the opportunity. am i wrong? i honestly think i need someone to rationalize this for me and tell me that i'll be fine if i dont do the summer class.

not sure this is the right category, idk why Y/A did that

its actually a couple of classes and its just like "bridge to college science" type of classes.

Favorite Answer

You should be fine; So what, you will be one class ahead of the game...but if you are not in the right state of mind, you are less likely to do as well, or have the information stay with you and continue to be beneficial.

The decision is up to you, but I don't see anything wrong with earning some extra money and having a little fun during the summer. There will be plenty of time to "hit the books". Be careful not to let your summer fun cross over into your study time once school starts again.

Best of luck to you !

As a freshman or transfer student, I would think that the person to ask this question of would be your adviser. Unless you are in a hurry or just want to feel the school out, I see no reason to take the class.

It depends how important this class is, theres no wrong in enjoying your youth before you go out into the real world, but if this is a once in lifetime oportunity and you cant retake the class another time I say its not worth it. (Plus its only one class you can still enjoy your summer regardless)

im not taking a summer class because this may be my only summer left to just hang out and not have to worry about anything. youll be fine.

take the class, it will put you in touch with campus life and you will still have time to work and play, have a great summer

i think what you want to do in the summer is entirely your choice. if you want to relax at home and mentally prepare yourself for another semester at school/college etc, then by all means, go ahead and take a break!

You'll be fine. Enjoy a summer of zero responsibility. You don't have many of them left.

whats the class?

YES ITS FINE BECAUSE U DONT WANT TO BURN OUT ITS GOOD TO TAKE TIME OUT AND ENJOY UR SELF SO THAN U CAN FOCUS ON SCHOOL IN THE FALL DONT BEAT UR SELF FOR IT RELAX ENJOY UR YOUNG DAYS