Anime on the Internet?

Please explain to me how it is better to watch anime on the internet and how it is worse to do so.

I already have an opinion on this topic, but I wish to see both sides.

Thanks to all answers.
Update: Ehh, if you don't have the money wait until you are a responsible adult that earns money and save a little extra for renting, buying, PURCHASING online anime and such. Items earned is much more appreciated than items given to people.
Update 2: I should have clarified this better:

Please give me mature good points, not ones that a child might say. Right now, alot of you are sounding rather selfish and that's not they type of opinion I'm looking for.
Update 3: Ehh, sorry I didn't mean to sound harsh. I do understand most advantages, but I would like more thought behind them (look at the overall concequences, not just the concequence of you being satisfied). thank you.
Update 4: @Krystal: It's sad that just because people can't get ahold of anime quickly enough they feel the 'NEED' to watch without any regard to who it's hurting and how illegal it is in the first place. I understand that there are sites in which you can purchase viewing rights to episodes (excluding the... show more @Krystal: It's sad that just because people can't get ahold of anime quickly enough they feel the 'NEED' to watch without any regard to who it's hurting and how illegal it is in the first place. I understand that there are sites in which you can purchase viewing rights to episodes (excluding the rip-off/illegal sites). Anime is a hobby and furthermore it's a series of television shows. If people have this bad of an addiction to anime..........that's a sad sign of where the future of society is heading.
Update 5: Okay, I'm not one of those richy's that get everything they want! I have never been "well off" in my life. Heck, I have NEVER even lived in a real house (and I know there's alot of people out there with my family's situation). However, the idea of purchasing anime encouraged me to find... show more Okay, I'm not one of those richy's that get everything they want! I have never been "well off" in my life. Heck, I have NEVER even lived in a real house (and I know there's alot of people out there with my family's situation). However, the idea of purchasing anime encouraged me to find jobs (even odd jobs as a kid) in which I can set the money aside for anime and other hobbies as well as important things such as college, a running vehicle, and pretty much life. I can tell you now that I am an unemployed young adult who has no money for college (and is in the crack of scolarship wavers/loans/ and such) but that never made me think twice about stealing someone else's art and ideals because it's convenient! There's one other thing: My family (siblings/parents) have always come first, not anime. Yah, I set aside little bits of cash for anime, but I help support my family even more.

I'm sorry for ranting. It's hard to swallow when someone says I don't know anything and real life.
Update 6: @Krystal: Sorry....that was a complete missfire of rage V.V When I tell most people (mainly people who went to my school and are anime fans) that they should be more responsible with the activities they are doing, the normal reply is :"You don't know anything." Sure I can't experience every... show more @Krystal: Sorry....that was a complete missfire of rage V.V When I tell most people (mainly people who went to my school and are anime fans) that they should be more responsible with the activities they are doing, the normal reply is :"You don't know anything." Sure I can't experience every hardship known to man, but I feel that I need to at least tell them that what they are doing can be totally redirected into a positive thing.

What I'm surprised about is the answers of this question. I was expecting alot more people to say that there are a few sites that allow you to commercially purchase viewing rights to episodes (also known as downloading). However, I feel that mainstream society is so used to getting what they want personally, that they feel the right to take things if everyone else is doing so.

Personal Opinion: I don't think that people who download anime illegally should be punished (they don't know better) but it's in our best interest to do what is right.
Update 7: @KatieL: Please, don't feel sorry for my family. We are strong, self-sufficient, and we have managed for a good number of years and still will in the future.