WHAT WORLD EVENTS HAS CANADA PLAYED A ROLE IN THE THE 20TH AND 21ST CENTURY?
a list of different things. For example:
- YellowstonedogsLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
* The Olympic Games.
* Canada joined the League of Nations independently of Britain; in 1931
The Great Depression brought economic hardship to all of Canada.
* Strong attachment to the British Empire and Commonwealth in English Canada led to major participation in British military efforts in the Second Boer War.
* Canada was a founding member of the United Nations in 1945 and of NATO in 1949.
* After various peacekeeping missions between the 1950s and 1990s, Canada engaged in the NATO-led Afghan War in 2001.
* During the Cold War, Canada was a major contributor to UN forces in the Korean War and founded the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) in cooperation with the United States to defend against aerial attacks from the Soviet Union.
* Canada did not fight in the Vietnam War, and diplomatically it was officially "non-belligerent".
The country's troop deployments to Vietnam were limited to a small number of national forces in 1973 to help enforce the Paris Peace Accords.
* Canada has played a leading role in UN peacekeeping efforts. During the Suez Crisis of 1956, then-future Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson eased tensions by proposing the inception of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force.
Canada has since served in 50 peacekeeping missions, including every UN peacekeeping effort until 1989 and has since maintained forces in international missions in Rwanda, the former Yugoslavia, and elsewhere.
* Since 2001, Canada has had troops deployed in Afghanistan as part of the U.S. stabilization force and the UN-authorized, NATO-commanded International Security Assistance Force.
Canada has committed to withdraw from Afghanistan by 2011, by which time it will have spent an estimated total of $11.3 billion on the mission.
* Canada's Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) has participated in three major relief efforts in recent years; the two-hundred-member team has been deployed in relief operations after the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake in South Asia, Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and the Kashmir earthquake in October 2005.
* In February 2007, Canada, Italy, Britain, Norway, and Russia announced their funding commitments to launch a $1.5 billion project to help develop vaccines they said could save millions of lives in poor nations, and called on others to join them.
- sunseriLv 44 years ago
the vast 3 are nonetheless enjoying super roles, so confident, except some thing unexpected happens interior the subsequent ninety one years, we will see roles with faith -- specific structures have been customary over centuries of time. yet then lower back lots of the greater youthful human beings is very bored stiff with faith and already see it as irrelevent. So, faith's function in politics we can see vanish interior the subsequent 50 - 60 years (lower back except some thing unexpected happens). yet faith frequently will probable nonetheless have a function with persons, which will properly be an fairly stable element.