Now that Biden has acknowledged it as a failure?

Can we now agree that Conservatives were correct and the Stimulus Bill was a pile of crap? We knew it wasn't going to work and now Biden has admitted as much.

http://thepage.time.com/2009/06/14/stimulus-apolog...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Biden is a putz, but you are a 100percent correct. I think the first week it passed and the bottom just fell out of the stock market should have been a great indicator that it was a huge mistake. How could such a huge spending bill get passed with out giving everyone a chance to review it is also another indicator that it wasn't right.

I also read that their was a threat of Martial law if they did not sign it. Another huge indicator it was going to be a crime.

Why cant they tell us where all the money went? Another indicator that something very corrupt was intended for this bill.

The only ones that made out from the passing of this bill were the international banker-the feds.

• Here's EVERY quote from that article. In which one does Biden "acknowledge the stimulus as a failure"?

"No one realized how bad the economy was. The projections, in fact, turned out to be worse. But we took the mainstream model as to what we thought -- and everyone else thought -- the unemployment rate would be."

"Everyone guessed wrong at the time the estimate was made about what the state of the economy was at the moment this was passed."

"The bottom line is that jobs are being created that would not have been there before."

"Can I claim credit that all of that's due to the recovery package? No. But it clearly has had an impact."

NONE OF THEM!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the stimulus bill was never anything more than a flaming bag of dog $#@% left on america's doorstep by the hooligans who put america in the current economic downturn

• 1 decade ago

Biden makes Dan Quayle look like a genius.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

GOP offered the real alternative which would create 5 million jobs for half the cost, but Obama said to that plan "We won Get lost"

This is the kind of change that we choose.

• jz
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

at least biden admitted that those geniuses in washington GUESSED at the numbers. no real thought there, i suppose.

. just GUESS????

• 1 decade ago

Obama admited it a few weeks ago as well, he said that our economy can not sustain the level of spending......DUH...he was the one spending it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hard to believe he actually got a coherent sentence out isn't it !

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The failure doesn't matter so long as the democrat tried.

• Lamont
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

you make no sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.