Jennie asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

can i get an arch on my feet again if i start wearing shoes with arches?

i started wearing converse in 2007 near october and ever since then i've began to have flat feet, when i run my feet feel fine, but after my legs start to ach, i've been wondering if i can get my arch back if i wear shoes with an arch? please help i want to know if it will effect me in the future.

Favorite Answer

you can get shoes that can help and special insoles that gradually try to push the arch up.

Much of the cause of flat feet is natural. The Converse shoes are not going to make your arches flat. Wearing shoes does not help feet to be stronger, it actually causes them to be weak. Shoes prevent many of the muscles in your feet from working properly, promoting a properly shaped arch. They also prevent the feet and toes from flexing as they should, in addition to suffocating them causing sweat and stink.

If you are concerned about improving your arches, go barefoot when possible. This will help to strengthen your foot muscles.

Source(s): My flat feet.

i have flat feet too ! theres no cure for flat feet well theres a surgery but it is not even guarenteed to help. there is no way to make a better arch in your foot but if you were the foot arch things they help your feet not get any flatter and give you a fake arch so your feet dont hurt anymore. i think they work im not sure though i have them but dont use them cause i wear flip flops all the time.

Well, wearing shoes with arch support will not correct your fallen arches. If you wish to correct your flat feet, contact me, k.sordo@gmail.com. I can help; it's painless and free!

Yes it will affect you because I cannot find shoes to fit because anything that has an arch at all, hurts!