is there a way to profit from another company without having a business registration number?

like when the company pays me for consulting they have to register any of my information in their books?

1 Answer

  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you and the client company are located in the United States, your client will require either your social security number or Employer Identification Number (EIN) if they pay you $600 or more for services.

    The amount they pay you will be documented on Form 1099-MISC. This is the way my clients document how much they pay me when I speak at their events, and it's also the form I receive from my publisher for book advances and royalty payments sent to me.

    More information about Form 1099-MISC and why companies send it to you are found in the link below from the Internal Revenue Service.

    Shirley George Frazier

    Author and Small Business Expert

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.