Seniors, when was the last time you ........?

Went to a carnival, road the ferris wheel or roller coaster, ate hot dogs and cotton candy, threw baseballs to win a "stuffie" ?

Did you go at night and spoon beneath the moon on the ferris wheel or Merry Go Round?

The last time you danced cheek to cheek with the girl (guy) that you adore?

Spooning used to be a euphanism for "kissing" dating back to the '20's or so when it was the fad for a young man to present his lady love with a decorative tea spoon to show is interest. Nowadays it mean something else, but the phrase"spoon beneath the moon" was common and didnt involve rolling around in the dirt ! LOL

"When is the last time you kissed on the ferris wheel or merry go round?" would been what I meant

Favorite Answer

Carnival: 1976 in Sardinia (large island off the west coast of Italy, north of Sicily).

Rode a ferris wheel AND a roller coaster: 1998 at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va with my wife and her best friend.

Never ate hot dogs at a fair or anything like that. Cotton candy...way back in the mid-60's at the Delaware State Fair.

Never 'spooned' at a fair.

The last time I danced cheek to cheek was with my wife last Friday at the Virginia Beach Farmers' Market. They have a country band every Friday night during the summer (the blue grass pickers are around back in the parking lot). I also danced cheek to cheek with my 78 year old mother-in-law while she was here from Missouri visiting 3 Fridays ago. I'll be back tomorrow night (if it doesn't rain) to the Farmers' Market to listen and dance.

Last time I kissed on a ferris wheel WAS at the top at the Delaware State Fair the summer of 1965 with the cousin of the gal across the street (I took her and her little sister to the State Fair).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqPFyCTYGtU

Youtube thumbnail

• Micol

Many a year for the carnival and the ferris wheel or roller coaster. The hot dog days are over as they give me to much gas, more than what's funny to the grand-kids. I did buy the gang all 9 of us some cotton candy last week. Maybe I've lost my taste, not so good. My dancing days are long gone and the only cheek to cheek is my chair dancing that polishes the seat of my pants. Remembering spooning on the lake under a full moon, I have a good life.

to a carnival, oh probably 20 years or more, didn't ride the roller coaster then, did eat hot dogs and cotton candy and he won a huge blue elephant for me.

The guys I liked never liked to dance. I loved to dance, so the last time I danced with anyone was probably 12 years ago.

Never kissed on the ferris wheel.

When I was a kid (up thru age 9) the merry-go-round was my babysitter (actually so was bingo).

Carnival - 2003. Rode the ferris wheel, a mini coaster, ate dogs, no cotton candy and didn't throw baseballs but did do the 'rifle shot'...won a stuffed animal! LOL - Virginia Beach, VA

Merry Go Round - 2007..on the National Mall in DC

Dancing cheek to cheek? - WOW...lemme see...long, long time...say maybe 1999 0r 2000

Been quite a while since I've been to a carnival, but a couple of months ago we took my little grandson (2 and 1/2 yrs. old) to a big Shriner's Circus. Complete with animal rides. He was in awe.....and had a blast. I was doin' great too, until.........he decided he wanted to ride a camel. Not being old enough to ride it by himself.........yep, you guessed it. Good old "papa" was talked into ridin' too. That was the tallest damn camel I ever saw. Course a young man led the camel around the ring 2 or 3 times, but that was enough for this old man. And, being the loving people that they are..........My wife and my son got it all on video.....to preserve the memory.....so to speak. Anyway, I made it thru the nite, and the little one had a blast. Next time the carnival....???? I don't think I could even ride the "merry-go-round" anymore. But......we will see.

Where I live that have alot of carnivals & I enjoy them the roller coaster is my fav ride & yes definitely hot dogs I never liked cotton candy even as a kid but I can chow down ice cream french fries & hot dogs lol at night they had a great band that played everything & when they did Mustang Sally I was there doing my thing lol

Far too long ago, but I've learnt from experience that any attempt to recapture youth fails very quickly.

When I made my first journey to Plymouth at 15 I used the old rail route over the western fringe of Dartmoor and remember seeing the Tors for the first time in my life. On a recent holiday trip to Cornwall I split my motoring journey by staying overnight at a nearby travel lodge. I walked to where the old now removed rail track started it's downhill run towards Plymouth and looked across to the Tors previously seen from the train.

A strange feeling came over me that I had never experienced before and I was almost reduced to tears.

Went to a carnival not long ago, haven't been on a ferris wheel in two years, did have cotton candy and a hot dog last winter and it's been far too long since I danced cheek to cheek with he who I adore. *sobs*

Well, It's been almost two years for the carnival;longer for the cotton candy, and about 4 months for the hot dog.

We don't much dance cheek to cheek these days. But he still chases me around the kitchen counter.

• Tigger

Went to a carnival last summer and had a footlong corn dog and cotton candy. Did not ride rides.

No spooning on the rides.

That dancing was so long ago I don't think it ever happened.....well.....