I help pay her salary. Would I have to call her Senator?

This is what is wrong with US politics. These people see themselves as more than what they are. What are they?

A Single Citizen elected to represent thousands of Citizens that pay her salary to represent them. She no more important than the Citizens that elected her. And yet, she certainly feels she is.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=362923&comments=1

9 Answers

Relevance
  • W.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

She should have to call us "boss".

• justa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Its a matter of protocol, on which Washington and diplomatic circles runs. A person, male or female, is referred to by their title. She is a Senator, she is properly addressed by that title as Senator at all times.

Ma'am is simply not proper. Its more a reference to her sex and marital status than her position.

Just as a male would not be introduced or referred to as Mr. when his title is Senator.

This must seem arcane in the modern world of rap and constant cussing, but there is another world, more grown up, and there is where the Senators are.

It is not proper to refer to a Senator whether or not you are in the military as Ma'am. She is not in the military where the use of sir or ma'am as pronouns would be correct.

• 1 decade ago

It isn't so much the insistence upon her title being use, but more the idea that the Generals use of "ma'am", (a term used daily in military circles as a sign of respect) being interpreted by her as a sort of insult. I think she was intimidated by him and felt she had to deflect any poor questioning and or uneasiness by creating a problem in him.

• 1 decade ago

Boxer was trying to intimidate a General! It is military protocol to address women as "Ma'am", but she had to make a big deal out of it, and insist that he call her Senator. The arrogance in Washington is so out of control. Big deal, so she worked hard for her position (which I doubt because they're all puppets who got their positions based on their ability to carry out their 'backers' orders).

Ms. Boxer has a highly overrated opinion of herself. If she's so darn smart, then she should have just let it go and realize that the General was addressing her in the respectful military manner.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sure you should call her Senator, and she should call the rest of us BOSS!

• 1 decade ago

Just like you call you doctor "Doctor", you pay for his cars, but you still don't call him Bob. So call her Senator and she will call you "Bitter ranting voter"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I called President Bush a lying war criminal. But he was still the President, even if he never was elected. Geez.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If she is a senator, call her Senator. What's the big deal with you?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Without clicking on your link, I have NO idea what you are talking about. Please rephrase your question so that one does not HAVE to go to a link to try to determine what the question is.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.