What makes mechanical engineering difficult?

why mechanical engineering is more difficult than other fields? what makes it difficult?

• kasab
    Best Answer

It is difficult if you have no interest in it.

Mechanical engineering is not more difficult than other engineering fields. It if were, I wouldn't have been able to get my degree.

All major engineering disciplines are about the same in term of difficulty. A person's abilities and interests can make a certain field seem less difficult because they are enjoying what they are doing.

The physics and dynamics classes is what makes mechanical engineering really tough, other than that, it should be pretty steady in terms of difficulty when it comes to classes like math and chemistry

but if ur looking to get an A in every class in undergrad studies, then mechanical engineering will definitely be a difficult major since so much material is covered in class and you need to every detail discussed in the class in order to do good on a test

i just got done with my first dynamics class, and nobody got an A, so it was tough

i think more or less difficult is opinion but depending on what type of mech engineering your in the challenges will be different. ive designed and built things like go-karts as well as other small machines and one thing ive found is that so many things must be compromised in ways that is hard to foresee often or simply hard to compromise period. what i mean is to make a piston engine efficient you must make the mechanical friction losses inside as low as possible. but to make it quiet and durable you must compromise and increase the total friction or noone will buy your engine. and when designing the car it goes in you can't just cling to ideals there either, it has to LOOK good to the buyer as well as be strong, safe and aerodynamic. and it has to be CHEAP to make for what it does. and at least for me fore sight is often in short supply when tackling something new, often ill think im coming up with a superior design only to scrap it because some terrible flaw that i didn't see earlier. like often just finding a place for a fastener like a screw can set you back. designing and engineering has its unique challenges just like all other fields. this answer is of course only my opinion.