angels36 asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

What is the deeper meaning of the poem Going for water by Robert Frost?

I need this for a project

please help

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This poem is simply about children going for water at their nearby brook. It has a happy and fun tone, because there is laughter in the air, and delight as the children head towards the woods where the brook is. In line 9, there is a hyperbole present, because you cannot really run to meet the moon because it's very far away. The running towards the moon also represents the feeling of happiness a person has that makes them believe that the impossible can be possible. This poem represents togetherness and joy. The children aren't upset that they have to do their chores, instead they take it as an opportunity to get away from routine. They feel safe, because the woods are theirs. A spontaneous adventure can lead to cheerfulness that can be enhanced by finding what you came to look for in the first place. ♥

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the deeper meaning of the poem Going for water by Robert Frost?

I need this for a project

please help

Source(s): deeper meaning poem water robert frost: https://shortly.im/rrd61
  • 5 years ago

it sounds like building a house robert frost is shingling a roof? something then

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well i think that the poem is about some kids are going to get what then a other tribe has found them and going to kill them for food

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.