Why do we need to provide access & affordable health care and education to the average American?

• Lynda
    Best Answer

It has something to do with our values. Living in a civilized society, health care should not be out of reach if a person needs it.

It's the right thing to do .

It's a shame that we are the " best " country in the world and yet we can not provide for our own .

If we do not do these simple things , we will not be able to compete in the world market and the U. S . A . will one day be just another page in the history books like the other great empires of the past .

Source(s): just my opinion
  • NSA

IF that means bringing the insurance providers back to reality, then we need to do that.

IF that means we raise taxes so that every citizen has equal access, then we are only cutting the quality of our medical care. And we don't want that at all.

I do not have insurance, or a big pay check. I do have access to the best health care in the world. I only pay for what I need. And I do not want to pay your medical bills. And I do not want you to pay mine.

As far as education goes, get the government out of the way, get the PC brigade out of schools, and let teachers teach.

We don't... the Constitution tells us so.

Bash... I know that quote floods pro-healthcare sites; but I doubt it's real. Even if it is, I doubt very much that Jefferson meant the federal government should be in charge of either. Love how libs find a little quote or letter, and totally distort the meaning.

He has, however, said this: A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

In fact, here's something that speaks to the heart of the discussion - also from Jefferson: I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

BAM!!!

• meme

We already have access to health care, affordability, well considering those that are of low income qualify for medicare/ seniors qualify for medical, and families with children have Healthy Families I would guess we have affordable too. We have a million + illegals that can walk into an ER and get a checkup and medicine for Free, what is more affordable than that?

Source(s): I love Poop's answer: R U dummm When he/she had grammatical errors throughout.. Classic!

It is amusing that people that work and have healthcare see those who work and don't have healthcare as slackers, leeches, and bums. Those people are low cost labor that power a lot of small businesses. Small businesses that can't afford to cover them.

They matter, and they contribute, and eventually they will tire of being disenfranchised and as unhealthy as they are could be the source of a lot of problems for the rest of us.

Most importantly, when they get so sick that they end up in an ambulance and then in an emergency room we all pay for them. When they can't pay those of us with health care coverage pay for them when the hospitals and doctors pass on the cost of those folks to us.

so we could be healthy happy intelligent Americans.. i settle for healthy not being able to afford health care was harsh for me i literally had to be in the ER dying to get help.. and thats what almost happened.. :(

Source(s): just me
  • Bobo

Why should I pay for the health care costs of an overweight, smoker, who only eats bad foods? Education is different, all people have the capacity to learn.

For American citizens to pursue their own happiness, American society must provide them with the opportunity to do so. They cannot live happy lives without the affordable health care that can prevent an illness from devastating them financially. They cannot have the chance to have careers, broaden their minds, and be responsible citizens without an education.

Ummm maybe we want a healthy country..so everyone can work and make a ton of $$$..

<Gerin>

Just thinkin'