Name some good fantasy books?

Can you give me the names of some good fantasy books please I really have nothing to read at the moment and I really want to start reading again.

Thanks in advance :D

• Mas
    Best Answer

David Eddings, Raymond E Feist, Trudi Canavan, Terry Brooks, Jude Fischer, Anne McCaffrey, David Farland and Julia Grey are some authors you really should check out. All right pure fantasy with magic, dragons, elves etc.

Source(s): Ps Try Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy, they are fantastic.

Try Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen, and Kushiel's Avatar, by Jaqueline Carey. Here's the description of Kushiel's Dart from amazon.ca:

Trained from childhood to a life of servitude and espionage, Phedre no Delaunay serves her master, Anafiel, as a courtesan and spy, ferreting out the dangerous secrets of the noble houses of Terre d'Ange. When she uncovers a treasonous conspiracy, however, her life takes on a new and deadly purpose. Set in a world reminiscent of late medieval and early Renaissance Europe, Carey's first novel portrays a society based upon political and sexual intrigue. The author's sensual prose, suitable for adult readers, should appeal to fans of Tanith Lee, Storm Constantine, and Terry Goodkind. Recommended for adult fantasy collections.

*note the descriptions warning - this is definitely an adult book (bordering erotic/romance-ish), and it deals with subject matter that some people may not feel comfortable with, like homosexual relationships.

It is an amazing series, however. The plot is extremely rich and detailed, it is obvious that Carey spent a lot of time developing the plot and characters to make a full, rich story.

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy (the first book is A Great and Terrible Beauty), it takes place in the Victorian era at a boarding school for girls (Gemma's a witch and her love interest is Kartik). She goes into another world with her three school friends. The Garden is where they first enter, but there's a lot of other places like the Winterlands where there's a tree of all souls that have many dead hanging from it's branches, but the tree itself is alive. Also there's The Water Mirror: Dark Reflections. I heard it's a series, but I had always thought it was just one book. The setting is in Venice and the protagonists are two orphan girls, one is blind the other is not. Both girls end up living with a magician who makes magic mirrors and the story progresses from there. I liked both books, a lot of witchcraft, no vampires.

Anne Bishop Dark jewels trilogy is awesome.

I just started reading the Hollows series or rachael morgan series by kim harrison. I loved the first book in the series "dead witch walking"

The sookie stackhouse series are great too by charlaine harris

I heard "the time travelers wife" is one of the best sci fi books. I'm going to read that book sometime.

Twilight, Inkheart, Fuitsbasket(anime), Grendel, Eaters of the Dead, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and The Princess Bride one of my favorites.

The Historian

The Black Magician Trilogy

The Age of 5

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (hilarious!)

The Lord of the Rings

Harry Potter was ranked the best fantasy novel to date by numerous critics, press, etc. READ IT.

• Hannah

Three P's of fantasy - (Philip) Pullman, (Tamora) Pierce and (Christopher) Paolini.

• Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (hilarious!)