Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 1 decade ago

Can I use steam to clean out an xbox controller button?

I can't push the button in (LB). The back half of the button is fine, but the front half is sticky. I'm pretty sure I have to clean it out, but I don't have a screwdriver anywhere at the moment. Would it ruin the controller to try and steam clean the button? Would that even work?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

steam would probably be a bad idea... you wouldn't pour water into your controller, would you?? then why would you choose to inject steam (another form of water) into your controller. It will just get everything wet and probably won't work. Maybe use a toothpick and some rubbing alcohol, or if that doesn't work, then wait until you can get a screw driver.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Try a damp cloth? If it's that bad, take the controller apart and clean the buttons individually in water. Do NOT use steam to clean it though, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of for cleaning a controller!

• 1 decade ago

Use a q-tip and a toothpick, use a toothpick to loosen up the q-tip to clean up w/e fell off, and repeat till it's easier to press. Steam would leave residue on the circuit board and eventually short it out.

• 1 decade ago

disinfectant wipe or a baby wipe will work i used it on my A button cuz it kept getting stuck and wasnt clicking anymore and felt squishy lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yea, dont use steam like everyone else said.. use the q-tip, toothpick method

• 1 decade ago

what steam would do would cause the curcit bord to separate and would be junked at that point

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.