Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

What books do you think i should read!?

I'm a sixteen year old girl

i've read the twilight series and a couple books by Sarah Dessen

I like girl meets boy kind of books but am open for opionions...

thanks in advance...you'll be making my summer a little less boring :)

Best Answer

Dracula by Bram Stoker and others listed at

http://www.squidoo.com/vampiretales

anything by Sarah Dessen, Ann Brashares, Meg Cabot, Jodi Picoult, Nicholas Sparks, Ellen Hopkins, or Laurie Halse Anderson

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

13 Reason Why by Jay Asher

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger

A Separate Peace by John Knowles

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

The Other Boleyn Girl and others by Philippa Gregory

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma, Persuasion, and Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott

My Antonia by Willa Cather

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

The Wee Free Men, A Hat Full of Sky, and Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett

The Belgariad and The Mallorean by David Eddings

The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien

Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz

Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke

Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull

Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

Storms of Vengeance by John Beachem

Wake and Fade by Lisa McMann

The Giver and sequels by Lois Lowry

A Great and Terrible Beauty and sequels by Libba Bray

Howl's Moving Castle

Maxiumum Ride series by James Patterson

Pendragon series by DJ MacHale

anything by Anne McCaffrey, Andre Norton, Ursula K. LeGuin, Tamora Pierce, Donita K. Paul, Mercedes Lackey, Chris D'Lacey, Garth Nix, Terry Brooks, Raymond Fiest, Gene Wolfe, George RR Martin, etc.

If you're looking for a sappy romance that's easy to get into, you can't go wrong with Nikolas Sparks. Try The Notebook (actually very different from the movie), The Wedding, or A Walk to Remember (also very different from the movie).

If you like fantasy novels, I would recommend Harry Potter, books by Diana Wynne Jones (Howl's Moving Castle, The Chronicles of the Chrestomanci), The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper.

A few general good books are White Oleander by Janet Fitch, The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and David Sedaris' books are always funny.

I think you may like the book Looking For Alaska. It's sort of a generic teenage drama, but can be met with some enjoyment if you're into that sort of reading. I'd recommend that or Perks of Being A Wallflower, other than that I don't know many books in congruency to what you're asking for.

I hope this helps. At least google them and look into whether you'd want to read them. I'm sure someone else will come up with better suggestions though.

Good day.

Well I like books by Darren Shan.

Such as the Saga of Darren Shan (also known as the Cirque du Freak series)

And the Demonata

It's about Vampires and Demons respectively, and contrary to popular belief in my opinion I find neither of the book scary but a good read.

Seeing as you like twilight I would say firstly, they are definitely not like that, but I think you should try them.

Also don't be put off by the covers. I was too but then I read them and having been reading all books by him since.

If you're looking for a bit of mystery and murder, James Patterson is a good writer of those. He even has some romance novels although I've never read them before.

Hope you enjoy reading, it's one of the great pleasures of life.

Well if you're sure you like the whole boy meets girl love thing...then here's what I suggest: Vampire Kisses Series by Ellen Schreiber, House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristen Cast (Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted), Generation Dead Series by Daniel Waters, Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz, Wicked: Witch and Curse Series by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie, Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare, Deadly Little Secrets by Laurie Stolarz, Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Stolarz, Night World by L.G. Smith, Vampire Diaries by L.G. Smith, etc. My last recommendation is one of my most favorite books ever A Great and Terrible Beauty. It is a trilogy, Rebel Angels and The Sweet Far Thing following. There is great romance in these books, however they do not center around romance at all. The point of the book is not to be centered around the main character's relationship with her lover. Anyway, a great book, impressive, and highly recommended. The books are by Libba Bray.

Well, I'm 13 and my friends say i read "shallow" books. But if you like the girl meets boy thing, fall in love...blah blah blah stuff. I'd suggest anything by Hailey Abbott. I just finished reading her whole Summer Boys series. and i really enjoyed it. But basically all of her books are that sort of girl meets boy thing.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the reading.

A great summer read is Snow flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. This isn't a love story, but it is a great book about long lasting frendships between two girls over their lives.

I think you'll like Holly Black, she's written some FANTASTIC books that I am crazy about. If you like modern-day kinda girl books, or are into faeries.. you'll like it I think. Or Wicked Lovely is a good book, I forget the author.. City of Bones is great also.

1. Confessions of a not-it girl

2. Confessions of a teenage nanny

3. Being Nikki

4. Airhead

The "Fear Street" books are good books, but they only have like 200 pages in them.