If I get a wireless internet stick without a contract, will I still get access to a network?

I notices that a lot of providers (like Telus, Rogers and Bell) all offer wireless internet sticks with a contract, which provides the internet stick for free if the customer agrees to a contract. However, if a customer does not agree to a contract, they have to pay for the internet stick (usually around 100 or 200 dollars). I've read the information at I see nowhere what happens if a customer buys the internet stick, but does not agree to a contract. What happens? Do they still get access to the network and the internet?

Favorite Answer

Hmm, I take it you mean the mobile broadband ones that let you get onto the internet anywhere.

Anyway, you will not get access to the internet. What ever mobile broadband providers that receive your signal would not send a signal back.

• Nate B

Probably not. You're stuck with the contract, sorry.

• MrZip

no,somewhere somone has to program the stick/that is done at the company