why is my battery so hot?

okay so i thought my laptop would be on the list of recalled batteries because this thing is always so hot! i'm not sure what to do, it doesn't exactly affect the performance of the laptop but does it mean its running too hard? what are some methods of cooling this thing down?

and also should i get my laptop serviced? i've had it for about a year and a half now, and its never been to the geek squad or anything...

i'm going away to school soon and i don't want a crash in the middle of me trying to do& save my work

Favorite Answer

There is nothing wrong with it. Batteries always run hot when it is in use.

Don't worry about getting your laptop serviced. As long as you take care of your laptop, there is nothing the geek squad can do that you cannot do yourself.

For example, you can do the following:

Run virus scanner and malware scanners

Run Disk Defrag

Try cleanup your disks and delete any programs from the control panel that you don't use anymore.

This should speed up your computer and keep it going strong for years.

Source(s): Batteries get hot because of the simple law of conservation of energy. Our battery technology is really inefficient. We only use half of the energy being stored in the battery, while the other half dissipates in the form of heat.
  • Tony

it is going bad from leaving it in your laptop all the time