Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

PLEASE HELP! French learners or speakers, aidez-moi s'il vous plait!!?

Hi! Bonjour! :) I'm a IB French Language B (SL) student, and i've got my exams in november. I'm really bad at french essay writing, and i'm not sure how to improve! :( Can you please give me some advice on writing in french. I have to write a 250 word essay on a general topic. Do you know where i could get sample essays? Know any good textbooks? Thank you so much! Merci beaucoup! :)

Best Answer

Bonjour

I don't really know any good textbooks, but my advice to you is to practice writing essays and then to check over them for errors. If it's possible, have someone like a teacher or a friend who's really good at french check them as well. This helped my sister tons in her french class. And if you can, write a narrative essay. They're way easier and you can do anything you want. ie. I once wrote about a cat detective who got clues from a hungry toilet, was hit in the head by a giant letter R looking for a criminal, and came back inside to be told by the toilet that the toilet ate the criminal. Not that great, but a perfect essay mark nonetheless. See what I'm saying? Bonne chance!

Source(s): 4 Years of French Class 90% Average in said years of french class