Dave
Lv 5
Dave asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Which team is better: NY Yankees or Boston Red Sox?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The New York Yankees–Boston Red Sox rivalry is one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in American professional sports. For more than 100 years, Major League Baseball's Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees of the American League have been intense rivals. The rivalry is sometimes so polarizing that it is often a heated taboo subject, like religion or politics, in the BosWash region.

Since the inception of the wild card team and an added Division Series, the American League East rivals have squared off in the American League Championship Series three times, the Yankees winning twice in 1999 and 2003, and the Sox winning in 2004. In addition, the teams have met in the last regular season series of a season to decide the title in 1903 (where the Red Sox won) and 1949 (where the Yankees won). The teams also finished tied for first in 1978, when the Yankees won a high-profile one-game playoff for the division title. The 1978 division race is memorable for the Red Sox having had a 14-game lead over the Yankees at one point in the season.

Historically, the Yankees have had far more success. However, since the Red Sox' victory over the Yankees in seven games in the 2004 American League Championship Series, the rivalry has changed to a different direction, as the Red Sox have won two World Series during that time.

• 1 decade ago

Bosox the last few years. but the richer team will always have the upper hand. yankees have more than double the salary cap of the boston red sox and the boston red sox are still doing better this year which is pretty sad on the yankees part.

• 1 decade ago

Yankees and i wont even try to explain. 8-0 and 2 world series in 5 years doesnt cut it. The only time boston was better was in the 1910's and in 2004.

• 1 decade ago

Yankees.

Source(s): Buck Foston.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bohrn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Umpiresweet, you say purple Sox actual now as a results of fact, what they won one greater game than the Yankees. the two communities are good yet enable's talk in October. In baseball historic previous, the two are good additionally yet Yankees are the final better franchise & even nonetheless i did no longer witness all 26 titles, yet I did see them win 6 & 3 in a row & on no account did they flow 86 years without identify in spite of the shown fact that it would be exciting to make certain who wins branch, makes play-offs & who finally ends up with the better won/loss record. that's in basic terms 15 video games into the 2008 season & way too many video games to play to ask this question

• This Century: Red Sox

Overall: New York Yankees

This Year: New York Yankees. :D

• 1 decade ago

considering head to head the red sox havent lost yet to the yankees in like 10 games, id say red sox but thats only based on head to head

• 1 decade ago

The Bronx Bombers

• 1 decade ago

idc now really. all i care is that somehow shane victorino got in and pablo did not,and so did inge

• 1 decade ago

Who are the N.Y. Yank me's?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.