Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

a speech about challenges ... any ideas ?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

WOW. That's tough. I'm sure you can do it though! Let me see if I can help you in any way!

CHALLENGE QUOTES:

Without challenges where would we be? We'd probably be still living at home; we'd never learn to do ANYTHING; and we'd all be little weaklings. Doesn't sound too good now does it? Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are. Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They're what make the instrument stretch-what make you go beyond the norm.

Get other great quotes at http://thinkexist.com/quotations/challenge/

DEFINITIONS:

Challenge-

1. a call or summons to engage in any contest, as of skill, strength, etc.

2. something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc.: Space exploration offers a challenge to humankind.

3. a call to fight, as a battle, a duel, etc.

4. a demand to explain, justify, etc.: a challenge to the treasurer to itemize expenditures.

5. difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/challenge

CHALLENGE STORIES:

Andrew Thomas Hughes

In December 2004, Andrew Thomas Hughes was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). As a happy-go-lucky three year old, Andrew did not realize the severity of his illness. In fact, to him and his remarkable brother and sister, this was just going to be another "cold" or "boo-boo" that he would fight off. His parents, on the other hand, were rocked by the devastation of hearing their child had a potentially fatal disease. Sensing his "can do" attitude, Mom and Dad took a few cues from Andrew as they spent 2005 battling this dreadful illness.

Together as a family, they rode the roller coaster of hospital visits, doctor's offices, shots and injections, spinal taps and chemotherapy, hair loss and hair gain, mood swings and weight gain, sleepless nights and unspoken fears. Though it all, however, he rallied like a champ. His illness brought family and friends from afar, making Ashburn, VA a rallying point in the fight. Andrew has never used his illness as a crutch or bargaining tool. Rather, he has worked harder at remaining a normal kid with a normal life. After a brief break from school, he returned to Pre-K and finished this year.

Thankfully, Andrew is now in remission. His hair is back, blonde and boyish, his weight stabilized and for the most part he is back to his old self. He now enjoys playing street hockey with the neighborhood kids, basketball and Star Wars games along with attending kindergarten at Ashburn Elementary in Ashburn.

Andrew is truly a remarkable and tough kid and he never ever ceases to amaze or inspire those around him. Friendships have grown stronger, families have become closer, and many have realized unconditional true love. All of this, through the eyes and determination of a four year old.

http://www.allisonschallenge.org/challengestories....

All that I have mentioned are things that may help to give you some ideas about what to write or maybe how to start your introduction to your speech. I like to type in things that has to do with "challenge" on google and see what it gives me. You can even try YouTube. That's one way I get ideas for my speeches. I hope this helps you!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • daiz
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Speech About Life Challenges

• 4 years ago

Take a brisk walk before your meal. Not only will you get involved some exercise, you're less planning to choose something unhealthy after a little movement.

• 3 years ago

Try drinking skim milk at breakfast instead of juice. Overweight people who consumed skim milk for breakfast dined on fewer calories

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Schedule meetings to take place in far-off conference rooms.

• 3 years ago

Go shopping for new clothes—wriggling straight into 10 pairs of skinny jeans could possibly get your heart rate up.

• 4 years ago

Use a dash of cinnamon to provide fruits such as bananas and melons a richer dessert feel minus the sugar.

• 4 years ago

Identify the emotional triggers that cause you to seek unhealthy comfort food. Picture your goal weight so when a trigger strikes to assist you resist temptation.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Pass on pop. You'll be amazed by simply how much weight you drop by basically switching to water.

• 4 years ago

Use a vegetable bean dip like hummus instead of ranch dressing or a fatty cream-based dip.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.