Do you think all Americans have a right to know what and who the CIA is investigating?

I love how asking the question makes some of you think my answer is "yes"....

I think transparency is death to the CIA and thus death to us, and I don't blame the CIA for not trusting congress right now.

AND Leon Panetta (if I spelled him right) saying congress was lied to....well, pardon me if I am a bit suspicious of the words of a committed liberal taking over an agency from his nemesis.

• D
    Favorite Answer

NO. You loons would sells us out in a New York second. Let's take the New York Times for instance. They cannot run the presses fast enough to let the enemy know what we are doing.

I haven't heard anyone suggest a notice in the morning papers every time the CIA investigates something. I have heard that more Congressmen are asking for the information, though. Do you want the CIA to be an organization with no checks and balances?

Nope, I don't. But there are top security committees in the House and Senate who do have the right to know and should not be lied to by the CIA. They are our checks and balance to make sure the CIA doesn't get carried away doing stuff they shouldn't.

Source(s): .
  • No!

I have a busy life and have family obligations. It's not that I really "trust the experts" on these operations. But, with the world filled with hate-filled people jealous of others, THEY need to be watched! NOT watching them will only embolden more 9-11/7-11 types who just DO NOT CARE of innocent people.

Allowing "political-lawyers" and "world court whiners" blocking the police from protecting us will NOT do any good.

love that

If they let the public know they also stand the chance of getting who they are after. why not just tell the ones they are after go hide we are coming. Did you think that through

You know not being sarecastic but this seems to be a democrast thing. do something and think about the effects and what cost afterwards. that:s the way barry does it.

No one says this. But there are disclosure laws that the CIA is obliged to follow that are contained in the National Security Act of 1948, as amended.

The CIA is not authorized in the constitution, it should be abolished. What is American about sending spies into foreign countries without a declaration of war by congress? Nothing!

No. They have a necessity to do some things covertly. And, I don't even WANT to know what the CIA is doing. What I DO want is to know that the Senate and House Intelligence committees know everything they are doing, and protect my Rights and interests.

• No. There would be no use for the CIA if that was the case. It's a clandestine operation and is useless if it's "open" to the public scrutiny.

The right? Yes. Do I care, no. You got info on a bomb in America? I hope the shove wires where the sun don't shine and find out where it is.