Should I pursue a relationship with a girl who just got out of a long-term relationship?

Last semester in college, I met this amazing girl. Me and her would talk all the time in class. In fact, once our professor threatened to split us up if we didn't stop (it was like High School). Recently the two of us went out (casually) to a theme park last weekend. We had a great time, talked a lot, shared our personalities, etc. Both of us have so much in common and it felt like the next step was to ask her out. Just before I dropped her off at her house, I asked her if she wanted to go out on a date next week. She said yes, and everything was cloud 9. Now several days later, I called her up to confirm it, and she's grown very hesitant. She said she just got out of a long-term relationship and that she thinks its too soon to go into another relationship. She did say she would like to hang out. I asked her if she wanted to take it slow and she said yes. I'm wondering whether its worth it to pursue this with the ultimate goal of entering into a relationship, or if we should just stay friends. I really like her a lot and I felt we connect perfectly. I think we could have a great relationship together, but I don't want to force her to do something she doesn't want to do. Anyone have any thoughts or personal experiences with this?

Favorite Answer

Listen, if you like her, you like her. I can see that you guys can connect very nicely so I am almost certain that with time she will open her heart again. If you really like her, stick around, be patient and you will have good moments. If during the passing time, your feelings go stronger that's great! As time goes by, you can do more bold things, like more physical contact or even a small innocent kiss. Never forget to give her her needed space, she will need a lot. With time, the space will probably start to fade. If your feelings grow weaker, you will always maintain that great friendship, you have nothing to lose.

But, you reeeeeally need to be patient, this can take a while :)

Best of Luck! ;)

You both need to be true to yourselves. If being together isn't working for one of you it isn't working for either of you really. Just talk to him, ask him what he really wants and be honest with him about what you want. And like I said in the beginning do what feels right whether it makes sense or not.

no, because then you'd be the bounce back guy. just to get her off her feet or she could use you to make her ex jealous. wait a while until she gets situated and ask her out. i'm only in middle school here, but its happened a lot to my friends and cousinz in high school. so just be patient.

just hang out .. date .. i always tell the guy to have no expectations.. just see what happens