how about as a first step towards peace between israel and palestine:?
The Palestinians recognize the right of israel to exist as a jewish nation in peace and security for ever.
In return israel offers up Jerusalem.
- m iLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
How about Israel recognize it is based on ethnic cleansing of the native people of its land, the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians?
How about Israel recognize the atrocities committed in order to create the state - like the massacres at Safsaf, Deir Yassin, Al-dawayima, Lyd, Tantura and a number of others. How about Israel recognize these as part of a deliberate campaign to terrorize the people into leaving?
How about Israel recognize the millions of hectares of land confiscated from Palestinians, the homes, businesses and property looted by the Israeli army? How about Israel recognize the thousands of people it killed to prevent them from returning to their razed villages?
How about Israel recognize the brutality of forcing 300,000 more people into exile after it occupied the currently occupied territories, the over 100 more villages it razed? How about Israel recognize the long, brutal occupation of those lands, for the longest time imprisoning or exiling Palestinians just for showing Palestinian colors, torture and beatings to extract confessions or simply to show who's boss? How about Israel recognize "23,600 to 29,900 children required medical treatment for their beating injuries in the first two years of the intifida, [intifada #1] with nearly one-third sustaining broken bones. Nearly one-third of the beaten children were aged ten and under."
This is the "right" you want?Source(s): quotation on children's broken bones from http://www.antiwar.com/orig/mearwalt.php?articleid... you can look up massacres in http://www.palestineremembered.com
- Anonymous1 decade ago
If the Palestinians would keep their word that would be great.
However in the past the Palestinians had made agreements to stop firing rockets at Israel and to stop sending suicide bombers into Israel.
the Palestinians promptly broke those agreements. That seems to be a pattern with the Palestinians.
If you did reach such an agreement, it is very likely that within weeks the Palestinians would change and go back to their old ways of attacking the Jewish People and attempting to kill any Jewish person that they come in contact with.
why should Israel give anything to the Palestinians if they are just going to break their world as they have done in the past.
- josepaLv 44 years ago
Jerusalem - Jewish or self sufficient. Refugees staggering to return - Gaza is overpopulated because it truly is. you elect to cram much greater human beings in? Borders protection - by NATO troops (considering UN can no longer guard its very own butt while wars start up). ideally - 2 state answer. With Palestine which comprise the bits chopped off by Egypt and Jordan.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Recognizing Israel's right to exist without Jerusalem is like recognizing a person's right to live without a heart.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- bisquedogLv 61 decade ago
HOW ABOUT ISRAEL RETURN Palestinian land & recognize Palestine right to exist & the Palestinians recognize Israels right to exist also take down the walls around Gaza & return the west bank basically allow Palestinians to have a homeland & stop trying to keep them surrounded by military force limiting their movements THE way things are now they cant even go about their daily routine affairs to earn their living or maintain their householdSource(s): my opinion
- 1 decade ago
Can't happen.... How bout this? We leave the fictional state of Palistine a smoldering hole in the dessert?
hey Bisqueto... how bout having your buddies over there stop throwing rocketts into isreal for a couple days, and we'll talk about easing the security.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Palestine needs to stop bitching before they get blown off of the map.
- 1 decade ago
- Jane DoeLv 61 decade ago
Never gonna happen.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
First Israel must withdraw its military from the West Bank and Gaza strips, dismantle the Illegal JEWISH ONLY settlements or open them up to Arabs and compensate those for the stolen land, quit the electronic surveillance, quit brutalizing and killing the Palestinians, allow them to have their own army with joint Arab/Isralie units on the boarder, and allow "right of return"(Israel is the ONLY country on earth to refuse this-Germany and the Arabs have allowed the Jews to return) to the Palestinians whom want their homes back in Israel. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaking for Israel, has refused ALL of this-in other words refusing peace-he wishes for the Palestinians to disarm on top of this with the thinly veiled goal of annexing the West Bank and Gaza strips.The Israelies are now stealing Arab East Jerusalem from the West Bank by building a wall-the UN and the world do NOT recognize Arab East Jerusalem as belonging to Israel, in fact, vetoeing Israel's defacto annexation over two dozen times.
PUSH for the two state with Jerusalem shared.If Israel ha a right to exist, so do the West Bank and Gaza strips-JEWISH LEADERS, in you r own TRUTHFUL words, explain to the ignorant Palestine does exist-take the floor:
1. "There is a huge gap between us (Jews) and our enemies not just in ability but in morality, culture, sanctity of life, and conscience. They are our neighbors here, but it seems as if at a distance of a few hundred meters away, there are people who do not belong to our continent, to our world, but actually belong to a different galaxy." Israeli president Moshe Katsav. The Jerusalem Post, May 10, 2001
2. "The Palestinians" would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls." " Israeli Prime Minister (at the time) in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988
3. "When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.
4. "The thesis that the danger of genocide was hanging over us in June 1967 and that Israel was fighting for its physical existence is only bluff, which was born and developed after the war." Israeli General Matityahu Peled, Ha'aretz, 19 March 1972.
5. David Ben Gurion (the first Israeli Prime Minister): "If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp121.
6. Ben Gurion also warned in 1948 : "We must do everything to insure they ( the Palestinians) never do return." Assuring his fellow Zionists that Palestinians will never come back to their homes. "The old will die and the young will forget."
7. "We have to kill all the Palestinians unless they are resigned to live here as slaves." Chairman Heilbrun of the Committee for the Re-election of General Shlomo Lahat, the mayor of Tel Aviv, October 1983.
8. "Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio. (Certainly the FBI's cover-up of the Israeli spy ring/phone tap scandal suggests that Mr. Sharon may not have been joking.
9. "We declare openly that the Arabs have no right to settle on even one centimeter of Eretz Israel... Force is all they do or ever will understand. We shall use the ultimate force until the Palestinians come crawling to us on all fours." Rafael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces - Gad Becker, Yediot Ahronot 13 April 1983, New York Times 14 April 1983.
10. "We must do everything to ensure they [the Palestinian refugees] never do return" David Ben-Gurion, in his diary, 18 July 1948, quoted in Michael Bar Zohar's Ben-Gurion: the Armed Prophet, Prentice-Hall, 1967, p. 157.
11. "We should prepare to go over to the offensive. Our aim is to smash Lebanon, Trans-Jordan, and Syria. The weak point is Lebanon, for the Moslem regime is artificial and easy for us to undermine. We shall establish a Christian state there, and then we will smash the Arab Legion, eliminate Trans-Jordan; Syria will fall to us. We then bomb and move on and take Port Said, Alexandria and Sinai." David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978.
12. "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population." Israel Koenig, "The Koenig Memorandum"
13. "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Moshe Dayan, address to the Technion, Haifa, reported in Haaretz, April 4, 1969.
14. "We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, What is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'" Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.
15. Rabin's description of the conquest of Lydda, after the completion of Plan Dalet. "We shall reduce the Arab population to a community of woodcutters and waiters" Uri Lubrani, PM Ben-Gurion's special adviser on Arab Affairs, 1960. From "The Arabs in Israel" by Sabri Jiryas.
16. "There are some who believe that the non-Jewish population, even in a high percentage, within our borders will be more effectively under our surveillance; and there are some who believe the contrary, i.e., that it is easier to carry out surveillance over the activities of a neighbor than over those of a tenant. [I] tend to support the latter view and have an additional argument:...the need to sustain the character of the state which will henceforth be Jewish...with a non-Jewish minority limited to 15 percent. I had already reached this fundamental position as early as 1940 [and] it is entered in my diary." Joseph Weitz, head of the Jewish Agency's Colonization Department. From Israel: an Apartheid State by Uri Davis, p.5.
17. "Everybody has to move, run and grab as many hilltops as they can to enlarge the settlements because everything we take now will stay ours... Everything we don't grab will go to them." Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.
18. "It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands." Yoram Bar Porath, Yediot Aahronot, of 14 July 1972.
19. "Spirit the penniless population across the frontier by denying it employment... Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discreetly and circumspectly." Theodore Herzl, founder of the World Zionist Organization, speaking of the Arabs of Palestine, Complete Diaries, June 12, 1895 entry.
20. "Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves ... politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves... The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country."
-- David Ben Gurion, quoted on pp 91-2 of Chomsky's Fateful Triangle, which appears in Simha Flapan's "Zionism and the Palestinians pp 141-2 citing a 1938 speech.
21. Hear the expulsion of 50,000 Arabs from Arab towns, Ramle and Lydda in VERY truthful(censored from his memoirs in Israel) and frank terms by Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin .
22. "The nation of Israel is pure and the Arabs are a nation of donkeys. They are an evil disaster, an evil devil, and a nasty affliction. The Arabs are donkeys and beasts. They want to take our girls. They are endowed with true filthiness. There is pure and there is impure and they are impure."--Rabbi David Batzri, head of the Magen David Yeshiva in Jerusalem [Israeli newspaper Haaretz, March 21, 2006]
Now I see. Your basic plan is to kill Arabs and steal their land. You don't care if they recognize you or not.