Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 decade ago

Why do most Americans not have access to an affordable medical health-care Plan?

Unlike Canada or Mexico, the USA health care insurance plans are inefficient and unaffordable for the Lower and Middle class, but not for the upper class.

President Obama promised to reform the Health Care System, and make it affordable for all. We hope he does it. Si se puede!

• Roy
    Best Answer

You are misrepresenting the situation. Although 47 million Americans do not have health insurance coverage (and that is a very inflated democrat number), they can get the care they need.... At the same time at least 85% of Ameircans do have good health insurance coverage. Do you really think 85% of Americans want to jeopardize their current health care for Obamacare?

Michael above -- love that 10 month example.... reserve your spot for delivery of your baby first, and then conceive it a month later....

I DON'T!!!!!!!!!! What little health care I had barely covered anything. No dental, no eye care, barely a procedure. It was mostly for doctor's office and preventative but I still had to pay to go.

I am the working poor. Make too much to get assistance but not enough to afford to pay everytime I need to go. When I can afford to go I usually end up with prescriptions I can't afford. I may have to get a few pills at a time if I am even able to do that. Of course, I rarely ever get a scrip that is 4.00 at Walmart. Usually the milligrams are too high. They have their way around that too. (My doctor at least will give me samples if he has them)

I think President Obama said that we could "purchase" affordable health care. I don't think he said he was giving it away "free" to everyone. I'd pay 20.00 bucks a month for good health care.

To really answer the question...... I think most Americans fall into my category....... Working Poor...... falling through the cracks in the system.

Source(s): I'm living it.
  • Susan

If it’s anything like Bush’s Medicare Prescription Drug Plan, it will be a way to transfer taxpayer dollars into the coffers of the health insurance industry. If you want affordable health care, go work for the government so that you can get health care like Bush has, as well as the White House staff, members of Congress and their staffs and millions of government employees.

Looking 4 auto insurance companies? one of the top to get best auto insurance company, rates and prices is: http://www.cheapinsurance4auto.info

Because anything involving the medical field is very expensive. You might as well be asking "Why do most Americans not have acces to affordable BMW's"

Unlike other countries that have waiting list to be on waiting list because they cannot fund stuff. For instance Canada has a 10 month waiting period on delivery rooms for babies.

• Mark G

Most Americans have insurance through their employers and that is far superior to Canada, where sick people languish for months waiting for treatment. Grow up, get skilled and get a job.

• John H

I just love it when people use the word "affordable". Of course, they don't define it.

Is "affordable" more than a car payment or less?

Is "affordable health care" more than a mortgage payment or less?

Just curious. That's all.

Health care plans in the US are provided by private companies who are trying to make as much money as possible. Making their plans affordable for everyone undermines their goal of maximizing their profits.

We had a corrupt inept government with Bush & Republicans, but that is changing....

Upper class in america has fantastic almost science-fiction healthcare. Poor people and middle class can only dream about healthcare equality.