Rick

What are some "smart" TV shows?

By smart I mean those that are not silly comedy or mindless comedy (which I also like) but those that are a bit more cerebral. A bit more complicated in their humor.

I can only think of a few from today and yesteryear. Can you suggest any others or tell me why some of mine don't belong on the list? Here are mine:

Burns and Allen

Cheers

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Frasier

The Golden Girls

Seinfeld

Sex and the City

Thanks!

I messed up my title question. I meant to say "What are some smart TV Comedies!" I left out the word "Comedies". Sorry!

Favorite Answer

Try House or NCIS. These shows are about adults, doing there jobs, with troubles, and they are truly entertaining.

Also, I don't know if this is "complicated" humor, but Psych on USA channel, starts back on Aug. 7 and that is one of the best shows that I have ever seen. I absolutely love it.

I had an answer for you until I saw your list. You lost me. How do you define "Mindless" & "More cerebral?