Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Did you think these things would happen in America ?

Eleven Reasons to Fear For Your Freedom - What would you say if I gave you 11 reasons why the elections in 2010 will be the most important in the history of the United States ?

1. What if I had told you in October 2008, before the last presidential election, that before Barack Obamas first 100 days in office, the federal government would be in control of both the mortgage and the banking industries? That 19 of America's largest banks would be forced to undergo stress tests by the federal government which would determine that they were insufficiently capitalized so they must be supervised by the government?

Would you have said, Cmon that will never happen in America?"

2. What if I had told you that within Barack Obama's first 100 days in office the federal government would be the largest shareholder in two US automakers, GM, and Chrysler? That the government would kick out the CEOs of these companies and appoint hand-picked executives with zero experience in the auto industry and that executive compensation would be determined not by a Board of Directors but by the government?

Would you have said, Cmon that will never happen in America?

3. What if I had told you that Barack Obama would appoint 21 Czars, without congressional approval, accountable only to him not to the voters who would have control over a wide range of US policy decisions? That there would be a Stimulus Accountability Czar, an Urban Czar, a Compensation Czar, an Iran Czar, an Auto Industry Czar, a Cyber Security Czar, an Energy Czar, a Bank Bailout Czar, and more than a dozen other government bureaucrats with unchecked regulatory powers over US domestic and foreign policy?

4. What if I had told you that the federal deficit would be $915 billion in the first six months of the Obama presidency - with a projected annual deficit of $1.75 trillion - triple the $454.8 billion in 2008, for which the previous administration was highly criticized by Obama and his fellow Democrats? That congress would pass Obama's $3.53 trillion federal budget for fiscal 2010? That the projected deficit over the next ten years would be greater than $10 trillion?

5. What if I had told you that the Obama Justice Department would order FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high-value detainees captured on the battlefield and held at US military detention facilities in Afghanistan? That Obama would order the closing of the Guantanamo detention facility with no plan for the disposition of the 200-plus individuals held there? That several of the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo would be sent to live in freedom in Bermuda at the expense of the US government? That our US veterans would be labeled terrorists and put on a watch list.

6. What if I had told you that the federal government would seek powers to seize key companies whose failures could jeopardize the financial system? That a new regulatory agency would be proposed by Obama to control loans, credit cards, mortgage-backed securities, and other financial products offered to the public?

7. What if I had told you that Obama would travel to the Middle East , bow before the Saudi king, and repeatedly apologize for America's past actions? That he would travel to Latin America where he would warmly greet Venezuela's strongman Hugo Chavez and sit passively in the audience while Nicaraguan Marxist thug Daniel Ortega charged America with terrorist aggression in Central America?

8. Okay, now what if I were to tell you that Obama wants to dismantle conservative talk radio through the imposition of a new Fairness Doctrine? That he wants to curtail the First Amendment rights of those who may disagree with his policies via internet blogs, cable news networks, or advocacy ads? That most major network television and most newspapers will only sing his phrases like state run media in communist countries?

Would you say, Cmon that will never happen in America?

9. What if I were to tell you that the Obama Justice Department is doing everything it can to limit your Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms? That the federal government wants to reinstate the so-called assault weapons ban which would prohibit the sale of any type of firearm that requires the shooter to pull the trigger every time a round is fired? That Obama's Attorney General wants to eliminate the sale of virtually all handguns and ammunition, which most citizens choose for self-defense?

10. What if I were to tell you that the Obama plan is to eliminate states rights guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment and give the federal government

Best Answer

Regina,I got it ! so now what are YOU going to do about it ! http://resistnet.com http://912dc.org

• Eunice

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy. YES 2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place. YES 3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens. YES 4. Set up an internal surveillance system. YES 5. Harass citizens' groups. YES 6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release. YES 7. Target key individuals. YES 8. Control the press. YES 9. Treat all political dissidents as traitors. YES 10. Suspend the rule of law. YES

• ?

excellent summery. as a student of history, i know that nations do fall and it usually occurs from within. rome is a prime example. we all must be aware and safe guard our liberties or lose them.

pre war Germany showed how a man can take over a nation with support when people do not or will not question and blindy follow what he asks of them without resistance.

i have lived through many presidents during my time, JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton and now Obama, during all the Democratic terms, i have seen them push entitlements to the point that government has become responsible for the existence of so many. giving hand outs rather than hand ups. i am not suggesting the republican didn't make mistakes also, but never have i seem such a rapid expansion in all of these until Obama.

we are still living with programs that FDR put into place that were meant to be temporary but they only grew and became permanent. Social Security being the biggest ponzi scheme perpetrated on the American Tax payer. once government takes power over a program, they will not give up that power willingly.

in 7 months, Obama has done more to expand presidential power and the hold government has over us than all the previous Dem's put together.

If you take a hard look at what Dem's have offered poor people, it is just enough to keep them under their wing hoping for more. these promises are never fulfilled and the republicans get the blame. people attribute civil rights to Dem's but it was republican who pushed this long before the Dem's got on board.

Obama, and all Dem's, use regulation to circumvent the Constitution.

do we allow this to continue, NO, many citizens cross party lines to agree on this and that it must be stopped before we become just another third world nation.

i know that there are many who continue to refuse to look at Obama's plan but some are actually beginning to call him on them. i was shocked that the New York Times is beginning to call him out too. there is hope.

i am an independent who votes for the one i feel best represents my views. this really is not a dem or republican issue, this is an American issue.

Source(s): 67+ year of life.
  • Sarah

I absolutely agree with you. I would never in a million years think our country would be in the condition it is in today. I have read all the answers to this question and I think they all must be college kids who just do not understand what is going on. We are in the worst of times for our country and Obama and Nancy are to blame for all of these things are happening on their watch. Bush had nothing to do with any of the 10 things you discussed, Obama is responsible for all of them. All he has been doing is spending and giving away our money and I am sick that he has so much power and the Democratic congress is allowing him to have his will. I have never know this to happen before. The Democrats won't let the Republicans talk or write their constitutes anything about the health care reform. The Democrats are really taking advantage of having a full house. It is not right nor is it fare that they have so much control over the Republicans and the Republicans can't do anything about it.

• Edg1

Well, to tell you the truth, I knew SOMETHING horrible had to happen to America. Having read the back of the book I know how it all turns out. Something or someone has to take America out of the equation. With a strong, free and INDEPENDENT America the Biblical Armageddon couldn't happen as written. No outside enemy could defeat us. Our defeat had to come from within.We had the strongest military in human history and the greatest economy. As long as we kept acknowledgment of GOD in our hearts nothing could defeat us.

All three have been under assault FROM WITHIN for a long time in one form or another. Now with the worst possible man running America at the worst possible time in history, I fear we as a nation are doomed to be absorbed into the New World Order, the one the antichrist will rule for a brief time. Something of a spiritual nature occurred around the time of the Kennedy assassination. Obama was born just before that landmark event. Coincidence? Maybe. But consider, all our problems were tiny in comparison to what blossomed in the radical 60's and since then evil in all sectors has increased.

I can go on at length, but you get my drift.

Everything you have bullet pointed is correct. We the people in this

country have allowed this to happen to ouselves. We could have

stopped it early on. But decided not to. Out of being lazy, We

were to involved with our recreation and SUV's and blowing and

spending what we should have been saving. So now we are in a

great deal of difficulty as a Nation. Being led down the Yellow

Brick road by the biggest con artist since PT Barnum. Barack

Hussein Obama.

But, we are not down and out yet, Kill this health care bill and

you kill Obama. He is done politically, He will have used up all

of his political capital in just less than a year, He will be cold

dead meat for the next three years,.

No. I somehow thought the Citizens of the United States of America would learn their History, and always understand Patriotism, and why all of our wars were fought, why so many died, for just ONE thing! INDIVIDUAL Freedom!

I thought our teachers would insure our children saw what the future would be without Freedom by explaining the past, but then, along came Affirmative Action, and teachers not born in this country so could not understand Freedom, and those 'teacher's' who were angry but didn't suffer America's History, and they got the teaching jobs they didn't earn. That's when our children grew up thinking it was okay to spit on, hit, lie to, and physically attack their parents on the teacher's unfounded "moral" ethic's. (I've seen this personally too many times!)

That was when Socialism entered America, and Food Stamps, renewed by Lyndon B Johnson (Democrat) in 1964, made 'Americans' think dependency on government (who really is the taxpayers) was a right!

What fools many have become!

I weep!

I am old enough to remember a far different United States. We have been on a slippery slope for many years, starting in the early 1960's, when prayer was taken out of schools.

Things in this nation were FAR DIFFERENT then, and prior to then. It is sickening to see what is happening. I weep too, for my children and grandchildren, and all innocents who suffer from stupid legislation, Godless legislators who know nothing about God, and the way Godly people want to live, taking away our freedoms one by one.

You are right. I would never have believed these things could have occurred in America. Yet they have and will continue to get worse. Worse how? I can't imagine but I am totally positive the Government can. I am positive that Obama can.

This should scare the pants off of me. But they have already been scared off of me about the health care situation.

To ask America to embrace hospice! Most Americans think this is only for the elderly. It is not. It will be for anyone that needs expensive treatments.

To ask Americans to help the Government commit Genocide is something Hitler would have come up with. This IS a Communist way of thinking.

I look at all the little children fighting for their lives that have cancer, or have been devastatingly injured. They to will be on this hospice list. Could you NOT help your child or should you help your child die because it would be expensive to save your child?

I would move heaven and earth to save my child, any child.

Thank you for taking time to gather this information and post it in such a good format. I appreciate your summary. Well said

To respond to some remarks: One tipped his hand when he said 'we are trying to give' which shows that taking control and having government choose what to 'give' is on the big O's agenda. Another thinks he is trying to 'improve' the country; he is not, he is trying to take it over and bring it down. She sounds like she blankly (literal meaning) follows this guy and blankly buys into his lies. All presidents have made mistakes, none have been perfect, but Obama is not making a 'mistake' here. What he is doing, he is doing on purpose Her way of thinking is the reason we are in the mess we are in.

We are headed for far worse in the coming months I am afraid. It is not going to get better, but worse. People on the left are asleep and choose to go along with anything O Great Leader tells them too, including signing monstrous bills with never having even read them. Sheep to the slaughter, here we come