Andrew H asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Why Didn't The Jays Trade Halladay For Holliday......??

The jays staff is always saying they need a good fielding and hitting left fielder. So I don't understand why there trying to trade a pitcher (halladay) for another pitcher (happ). Ya he's younger but why. Also if they got Holliday, he could be there # 4 hitter right there. Then you could get rid of rios or wells right? Tell me what you think.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If they would've done that trade, neither team would've really received any prospects. The reason they trade for prospects is because they want to win in the future, they just don't think they can do it now. Yes Holliday would help the Blue Jays offense but losing Halladay and not receiving any pitching for him would just hurt. They would lose a #1 starter and have to look in their own farm system for someone who could possibly fill a starting role position.

• 1 decade ago

Might have been a good trade. The Jays are looking for prospects, like Happ from the Phillies. If that trade had gone down, one or two prospects from the Athletics( who don't have many) and Holliday would be the deal, plus cash(2 million and up)

• 1 decade ago

Because they want prospects for the future, I would take what the Jays have, Adam Lind, of even Travis Snider over Holliday, they are younger, and Lind is proving that he can be the same, and nearly a better hitter.

• 1 decade ago

The simple answer is Holliday is nowhere near the player Halladay is

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good idea if the jays can get another prospect in the deal then id do that

Source(s): YANKEES 2009 WS CHAMPS~!@#@@@@@!!!!!!!! YEAH !@@!@#!~!
  • 1 decade ago

becuase thats retarted THEY WANT TO GO YOUNG SO THEY CAN BE GOOD IN THE FUTURE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.