Would my nVidia GeForce 6200 graphics card be able to work on this computer?

Hi, we just got a new IBM ThinkCentre M50 Refurbished computer/PC yesterday with these specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU

1024MB DDR Memory

80GB Hard Drive

Intel 865G Graphics (The one I want to replace with nVidia GeForce 6200 because Intel graphics suck *** LOL)

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002 Edition - Service Pack 3

It is way updated than the old one I had because the other PC I had was only half of what this computer has and my old PC held nVidia GeForce so I'm sure this IBM PC will hold a nVidia card.

My question is, will this IBM PC be able to replace the Intel 865G Graphics card and put the GeForce 6200 in its slot or another slot? Because this PC seem very good to handle a nVidia GeForce card.

Thanks a lot :D

Favorite Answer

Judging from the specs you listed, that system more than likely has an AGP 8X slot, so yes, it will work.

Intel 865G Graphics means it's integrated, by the way, meaning there's nothing to remove. You only add in the new graphics card (GeForce), disable the onboard graphics through BIOS if necessary (it may auto-disable, I'm not sure), install drivers for the graphics card, and you should be good to go.