Religion Of Wicca and Laurie Cabot?

What do you think about Laurie cabot who is knows as the main witch in Salem, MA?

Favorite Answer

I have met Laurie personally ( I was born in Salem and most of my family lives there) She is a kind woman and the only reason she dresses the way she does for the tourists. She holds open circles, where anyone can join and watch. She is smart and used to teach at Salem Community College. But, I am also biased.

She a complete stupid, retarded, lazy old fart who refused to continue her education after High School & failed on becoming an actress in Hollywood that instead went for becoming "Witch" & ripping the people off & looks like that's the only way she was able to become popular. Also, she IS a very dangerous women to associate with revenge and has done ham to several people who I've came across. For a person like Laurie Cabot I'd say has an eternal place waiting for her & is called HELL.

I don't know, I get bad vibes when I see her. She looks like the stereotypical Witch and I think that hurts the reputation of other non-stereotypical Witches.

Kirsten: nevertheless, she is THE Witch of Salem, regardless of if the people killed during trials were real Witches or not. Nekhtet is right. You didn't even address the question.

EDIT: Oh, you know who she kind of reminds me of? Tammy Fay.

I'm sure she's a nice person and all, but the stereotypical Witch style does nothing to help us as a religion/belief system/practice.

Source(s): Non-Stereotypical, Non-Wiccan Witch

I really don't have an opinion about her I actually had never heard of her till now.

So I Googled her and this is her official website if anyone wants to read up and form an opinion.

She looks a tad cooky but if she is a good Witch promoting the good of the Craft then great but if she is like Silver Ravenwolf then she can keep her crap.

http://www.lauriecabot.com/

Source(s): Pagan Witch

I have been fortunate to meet Laurie...I like her as a person and enjoy reading her work.

Do I like her 6 inches of eyeliner, rat-nest of hair and over the top fashions? Not particularly but it is not my place to judge.

She is a lovely woman. In her book Power of the Witch she explains why she wears the robes.

I've heard of her. Seems interesting. Though I have not met her (yet).

Remember, that Witches can be any religion even Christian. Wicca however is a polytheist belief (two or more Deities.)

• Ishtar

She's done a lot of good in publicizing Wicca. Her personal style seems to be a bit flamboyant and self-promoting, but that's what it takes sometimes. I've never met her personally so have no comment beyond that.

• MSB

I have mixed feelings. She was something of a trailblazer, but at the same time perpetuates a lot of stereotypes. It's not up to me to judge how she lives, however I wouldn't want her to become the poster child for Witchcraft because I don't believe she is the norm.

I've never met the woman, but a few friends of mine have.

She sat and talked to them and their teenage son for a few hours, they found her to be educated, informative, warm and welcoming and a very nice person.

I don't approve of her "witchy" get-up (I think it portrays Wicca in a negative manner), but having not read anything by her I can't comment on her theology. A few people whose opinion I respect think well of her, though.