? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

i have a big thing of carrots, broccoli, and cauli... i need to use it today.. any recipes?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

steam them and mix with cooked pasta in a light mayo.

put in a crock pot with a roast

make a soup or stew

homemade pot pies

steam and wrap them in a pastry shell with some cheese and bake.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

if you have rice, cook up the rice and mix in the vegies for a confetti type rice.

or

In a stew pot or something of the same size, try taking some ground beef (spice beef and vegies as desired while cooking) and mix in the vegies (already cooked) on top of that some grated cheese. Then top it all off with some mashed potatoes. Bake in oven @ 350 for about 20-30 minutes so that the cheese melts inside and all gets reheated. I call it my version of Shepherds' pie...with a twist. My family loves it! Good luck.

Source(s): My own recipe
  • Wendy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Wash and cut into bite-sized pieces, place in microwave dish and cook for 3 mins on medium high with a tablespoon water and a pinch salt with a lid on. Repeat if not soft. take a large jar of cheese spread and empty it into a microwave jug, add a dash of milk until it is slightly runny. Heat in microwave for 30 secs on high. Place the cooked vegetables in a deep serving dish and pour heated sauce over, gently stir through the vegetables and finish with some grated cheese on top. You can pop under the grill to gently brown the cheese on top if you wish. Wallah!

Source(s): Mother.
  • 1 decade ago

How about marinated? Everyone loves it....

Cook bite-sized veges to al dente. Place, drained, in plastic bag or deep bowl. For about 4-5 cups veges combine...

1 1/2 cups salad oil

1/2 cup vinegar (white vinegar is prefered)

1 tablespoon sugar

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

1/8 teaspoon white pepper (or not)

1/8 teaspoon cayenne (or not).

Pour over veges and chill till cold (perhaps several hours).

Try it with cooked shrimp for something special!

Garnish with parsley.

Source(s): From my mother's recipes.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

You could cut up the pork chops into bite size pieces and stir fry the veggies with it. I've done stir fry with olive oil before. As long as you keep the heat low the oil won't burn, and you don't need to use much. Then you could eat it just like that or with some brown rice.

• 1 decade ago

Stir fry is good, also just cut up raw and serve with ranch dressing or a dip

• 1 decade ago

vegi curry with noodles or rice yum :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.